Confessions under sedation! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Confessions under sedation! Confessions under sedation!

Unread 12-09-2006, 08:59 PM
Confessions under sedation!

Do you even need any of these drugs?

I arrived at hospital, signed my forms, changed into the theatre gown and was marched straight into the operating theatre. I asked about "calm you down" drugs and they said "no time for that".

Seriously they would have been completely unnecessary anyway. They had me under very very quickly and it was all over before I even knew they were thinking about starting.

Nobody will be in the recovery ward with you... just the recovery ward team. Then once you are coherent they wheel you into your room. Or at least that's how it happened for me.

If I was talking before I was coherent I have no idea but there was nobody to hear it anyway.

Don't worry about it. I'm sure you will be fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2006, 11:42 PM

Everyone is different. My brother in law, who hated doctors and hospitals, came out of his surgery telling all the staff over and over how wonderful they were and that he loved them. I didn't say anything during the process that was out of the ordinary. My sister was given a high dose of morphine and abruptly taken off of it. She thought there was smoke on the wall in her room and that the nurses were out to get her. It was entirely a reaction to the morphine.
Unread 12-10-2006, 08:45 AM

I had a lung lobe removed several years ago. About 3 days into the hospital stay, this doctor walked into the room and started talking to me. He finally looked at my face, and by seeing the "deer in the headlight" look I was giving him, said "you have no idea who I am, do you?". No, I told him. "Well..." he said, "you sure told me when you were in recovery. You were NOT happy with me!" He wouldn't tell me what I said. I'm normally a fairly calm person, so I was shocked and apologized for anything I may have said. I think the others are right. You talk about what's on your mind at that certain point in time. I doubt if your ex will be the most important thing on your mind.

Blow it off. There's really nothing to worry about and not a dang thing you can do about it anyway. Good luck on the surgery.
Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2006, 02:21 PM

I was worried about saying something that I'd regret...but really, I said a lot more strange things when I was in the hospital with a fever...than after surgery still in 1/2 sedation. I could barely listen to anything, much less get anything out of my mouth. I slept while I was still goofy and by the time I was awake more...I wasn't on the goofy drugs
Unread 12-10-2006, 02:50 PM

After surgery, my DH and I are still married. Either I kept my mouth shut, or my doctor is very good at keeping secrets !
Unread 12-12-2006, 08:24 PM

Trust me, I'm right there with you on this! Do I really want my husband and my mom around for the show!? At least we will give them something to laugh about ...
Unread 12-13-2006, 05:52 AM

I really don't remember saying anything under the influence of the narcotics, but I would like to share a funny story (in retrospect) that happend to my best friend.
She had to have thyriod surgery some years ago when she was in a really crappy longterm relationship. Seems when she was in the recovery room and he came in she woke up looked at him, said "oh its the a**hole" and went back to sleep.
Seems to me when you are under the influence of narcotics you do tell the truth about what you feel.
So if your relationship is in a good place you really don't have to worry!
Unread 12-13-2006, 08:10 AM

When I was 17, I had foot surgery. When they were in the initial stages of sedating me, the nurse said he'll be back with something more to relax me. I turned to my mom and said "Look, if this dude doesn't come back with a joint or a bottle of Jack, I'm outta here!"
Honestly, I was a good kid, so I don't even know where it came from. It certainly wasn't a confession (well, maybe the Jack...). Since then I've had oodles of surgeries and haven't had anymore "confessions". I think it just makes people act a little "tipsy" so to speak.
Unread 12-13-2006, 01:15 PM

Xia, that is a fantastic story, thanks for the laugh!
Unread 12-13-2006, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitness Fan
After surgery, my DH and I are still married. Either I kept my mouth shut, or my doctor is very good at keeping secrets !
LOL! I certainly hope that my doctors and nurses can keep a secret! My DH and I have been having some problems lately and I wonder what will come out of my mouth!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register