Panic Attacks Anyone? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Panic Attacks Anyone? Panic Attacks Anyone?

Unread 03-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Panic Attacks Anyone?

20+ yrs here of anxiety/panic attacks/deppresion and off and on bouts with agoraphobia. Seems to be some hereditary thing in my family even though scientist are/have argued over this therory. Till about 10 yrs ago I didn't know what was going on, finally once diagnoised I was put on paxil/xanax combo. I refused to take the xanax for yrs because my Mother was addicted to RX meds. But in the last couple years I learned to accept it as life long illness, even though controlable but probably something that I will never get completley over. Once hubby and I seperated I found myself driving again after a 3yrs hiatus, going places alone etc. I have to tell you, the new found freedom completley amazed me. As for the TAH I am so scared it is going to set me back because I am NOT allowed to drive. I dont want that to happen. What I have done is search this board over and again prior to my TAH so that I KNEW some of what to expect after the TAH so I would go into major panic attacks. I am so glad I did cause these hot flashes sure can make you feel like it is a panic attack. I am so happy had I had a chance to read, and read some more from this site prior to the TAH. Praying really hard though that it does not make my panic attacks increase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Panic Attacks Anyone?

I have been having panic attacks since my surgery...it's horrible.
Unread 04-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Panic Attacks Anyone?

I'm medicated for my anxiety disorder (as well as depression) and I was surprised I was able to keep it under control as well as I did when it came to the surgery. I did need to be sedated while in the prep area for surgery. But I was just tellin DH that I was proud of myself for doing as well as I was. Since the medication, I've been able to get most of it under control. I have noticed that the older I get the worse my claustaphobia gets. I went through a car wash and out of nowhere had a panic attack. Now, for what ever weird reason, I can't go through them anymore. And 2 years ago I suddenly became afraid of putting my head under water. I have never been afraid of the water before. I heard that for some reason as women get older these things seem to happen. A woman I work with who is the same age as me, has noticed she's afraid to put her head under the water too. The mind is the most amazing thing sometimes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2007, 05:48 PM
Panic Attacks Anyone?

siamuno - I'm sorry your experiencing the panic attacks. Have you considered talking to your dr. about it?
Unread 04-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Panic Attacks Anyone?

Have you had your thyroid checked? It being off can cause panic attacks.

I posted here months ago about my experience years ago (which had no explanation) but then didn't have them for a long time. Last summer I was inside a closed ride and panic took over. It was the first time in a long time. My thyroid was off. Then last month I was seated in an auditorium 'trapped by the people' in my row and had another attack so I had to move to a seat near an exit door. Again at my last thyroid check, it was off. I had discontinued use of iodized salt and that changed my numbers.

I know that is not the only cause but it should be checked out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register