Help! Yeast infection 4 weeks post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help! Yeast infection 4 weeks post op Help! Yeast infection 4 weeks post op

Unread 06-17-2012, 06:29 AM
Help! Yeast infection 4 weeks post op

I am a little over 4 weeks post op and I have a yeast infection most likely caused by the antibiotics I was on to treat my kidney infection. I know the doctor said to not put anything into the vagina for six weeks but I was curious if anyone else has had this problem and if its okay to use monistat? I used it last night and it made me a little crampy and now I'm worried!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2012, 06:32 AM
Re: Help! Yeast infection 4 weeks post op

No, don't use anything in the vagina. Call the doc back and get some of the oral meds for yeast infections. Every time I get an antibiotic I have to make to also get a yeast infection script too.
Unread 06-17-2012, 08:36 AM

I would not use anything in the vagina. There are plenty of oral meds for this that will take care of the yeast infection. Call your doc and get something for it. I would also take probiotics. Every time I am on an antibiotic I get yeast infections and also thrush(also yeast infection in mouth and throat). It is very common to get yeast infections after surgery especially if you are on or have been on antibiotics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2012, 09:53 PM

I had my surgery 7-2-12 had uterus removed and left cervic and overies. Two weeks after the surgery I took antibiotics, for two weeks for a sinus infection. Now I have a yeast infection. I've been taking Azo yeast, and a probiotic but doesn't seem to be helping. I have some monistat but I don't know if I should use it. Can't call Dr. because it's the weekend. please help. This is the first time I've posted I don't know if Im doing this right.
Unread 08-04-2012, 10:27 PM

Can't put anything into the vagina yet I am assuming. Some people have used the cream on the outside to get temporary relief, but if you read the above posts, there is an oral medication that your doctor can prescribe. That is your best bet. Know that doesn't help now due to weekend, but best. I get them all the time and this is the only thing that can clear them up for me.
Unread 08-04-2012, 10:28 PM

By the way, welcome and you did just fine posting!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register