Too soon | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Too soon

Just wandering if its too soon to start packing? Surgery is Wednesday going to purchase the rest of my things tomorrow and was going pack my bag. I'm really nervous now but hopeful! I just don't want to forget anything!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Re: Too soon

No need to wonder if you are right on this or not. Pack away.

Not sure which type of surgery you are having, nor how long you will be in the hospital. You will probably not need half of what you take with you. LOL!

I was only in for one night...I had an LSH. I packed light, yet still didn't get in to much of my "stuff".

I made the decision to wear the same clothes in and out of the hospital...which worked well. I brought sweat pants and a comfortable shirt, socks and slip on shoes.

Didn't bring any PJ's or a robe....didn't need them. I was comfortable in the hospital gown and their robe. Also, their socks as slippers.

I brought a book to read, never cracked it....I watched TV and chatted with my family for a while.

I did bring my make-up as I do not let many see me not looking my best. Put it on, felt great.

Brought my glasses with me, left my contacts at home. Beauty is, I can see without my contacts.

I think, with surgery and what to bring....the old adage is true....less is more.

Unread 12-25-2009, 08:54 PM

Hi Nish,

I am nervous also. My surgery is Monday. Still worried about this cough I have. It is better but I still have it. I don't know what to pack either. I don't want to take too much like GizmoCat said. She is probably right. I am just supposed to be in overnight also. Well, we will soon be on the other side of this. Hope everythings goes well for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-25-2009, 09:21 PM

well I was goin grab a few things to take.....the tips I got on here. My date is 12/30 and my doc say I will probably come home on the 2nd. I'm having an abdominal hyster.
Unread 12-25-2009, 11:06 PM

I stayed overnight. I took my own pj's which I was able to put on the next morning and actually wore home I also took my own pads and ohh soo much better than their thick icky ones. I barely spotted but having the thin always infinity pad on gave me just a little padding and help with being a little more comfortable. I also took cough drops and AHH relief along w/ the gas x strips. I also took my laptop and that was my sanity saver Kept my mind off the pain when I was awake! Oh and I took my tooth brush and my medications from home so the hospital couldn't charge me out the wazoo for them while I was there!!! I just refused the meds from them and took mine and they noted I refused and took my own. Oh and my own fuzzy socks I HATED the hospital ones they were ITCHY!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register