Post-op pain and breathing issues questions (update) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-op pain and breathing issues questions (update) Post-op pain and breathing issues questions (update)

Unread 02-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Post-op pain and breathing issues questions (update)

I'm so glad your ok and there was no blood clots. And that you have answers. I know everything you said makes a lot of sense and I know that it will help a lot of us going through similiar situations right now.
Thanks and I wish you a speedy recovery!
Katrina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2008, 10:42 PM

I will say, just from my experience, that if anyone DOES have shortness of breath, and they think after reading my story it is also pain related, STILL go get it checked out.... my doctor said blood clots can be "silent" in terms of symptoms.

but, yes, I hope that my situation will help others with any questions or issues they have.... but as I learned from this, NEVER ignore shortness of breath, or never "diagnose" it yourself. :-)

Thanks everyone!!
Unread 02-12-2008, 11:04 PM

Oh, one funny thing that happened.... when I was going in for the lung scan, it was a radio-active scan. So, the guy who came in to take me to the scan (and the one who did the scan) said to me, "is there any chance you could be pregnant?"

I said, "I just had a hysterectomy. That'd be beyond immaculate conception." haah!! We ALL started to laugh.

I just thought it was funny he asked if I could be pregnant.

I got asked twice if there was any chance I could be pregnant (the lung scan and the chest x-ray).

But, this was the ER... these tech people did not know I just had a hysterectomy, so I was very forgiving. :-)

:-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2008, 01:05 AM
Wondeful!!!

Oh Loves to Run,

Scary, I just came across your posts!!! So you did have a little trouble with the apendix removal and hyst. I am really glad the "lack of breath" was NOT a blood clot. Probably scared you pretty good.

Cudos to you DR. Good thing they took you at your word. That is wonderful.

How is the pain now. You sound so positive- Isn't crazy how things can go wrong. You always EXPECT that it all will go so smoothly, but there are times when things don't go normal.

I hope that this is the last run in that you have.

It is so very refreshing that you have such a positive attitude. Keep it up! It will do your healing process good.

Shawna
Unread 02-13-2008, 06:35 AM

Hey Loves To Run!

I'm glad to hear that the shortness of breathe was not a blood clot. I was surprised to read your first post about this issue. I experienced the shortness of breathe almost exactly the same way you did. I also had shortness every now and then when I was laying down. I found myself waking up to what I can only describe as a deep sigh. When I was standing/sitting and talking I would also have to catch my breathe right in the middle of a sentence. I never thought about blood clots!
I have not really had much pain since I left the hospital. I had no pain meds and have only taken 6 tablets of motrin since day 3 post op, so I'm not even sure I could attribute my shortness of breathe to pain...

I have an appt with my dr on Friday. I will mention this to her.

Hope your pain subsides soon!! Take care!
Unread 02-13-2008, 06:43 AM

So glad to hear you are okay! Here's to a speedy recovery!
Unread 02-13-2008, 07:08 AM

WOW, LTR, what a drama!! I'm so glad it all turned out okay and that there are such well informed people on this forum.

I've had a lot of breathlessness. At one week post op just taking a shower left me panting like I had just finished a tempo run! It gets better though. Our bodies are channeling all our energy into healing so there isn't much left for moving around and talking. I certainly understand you not wanting to go to the ER. Post op we don't need extra exposure to flu or colds, but I'm glad you went and settled the issue definitively. You have a lot of internal trauma to get over, it is going to take a lot of time.
Hugs,
Unread 02-13-2008, 07:17 AM

LTR,
Glad you are OK! I'm sure you were very nervous. Good luck with the rest of your recovery!
Unread 02-13-2008, 08:11 AM

I am glad to see your post and know you are OK - I was thinking of this when I got up this morning. That must have been really scary for you.

Glad you are OK, and pretty funny about the pregnancy questions.
Unread 02-13-2008, 09:04 AM

I'm glad that you are ok. I have asthma so anytime I hear of people with shortness of breath, I get nervous.

Take it easy and don't rush the recovery. Blessings on you as you continue to recover.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register