Anyone regret their surgery? - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone regret their surgery? Anyone regret their surgery?

Unread 09-23-2013, 12:22 PM
Anyone regret their surgery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooky37 View Post
I have times where I sort of regret my surgery, but I hated having to wear pads everyday for constant spotting and bleeding and never knowing when the "dam" would break! I could bleed heavily for months and iron replacement got old. I do really miss laying in my bed though! I am almost 7 weeks post op and still sleep in my recliner. I really miss laying flat in my bed! I also have gotten severe mood swings since surgery. I bite my hubby and 12 year old son's head off almost nightly. Everything irritates me! I am hoping things get better soon for all of us!

Hang in there! I'm 6 months post op LAVH. I still have trouble laying in my side but its getting better
It took me bout 2 months b4 I cud sleep in bed
Take it easy. Your body is healing!
Months 4-5 1/2. Wer rough went thru constipation an sitting was horrible. Finally am feeling great !!!! Be kind to ur body and b PATIENT!
I cried an was very moody & emotional for the first 3 months at least
Your hormones are trying to regulate. I promise it will get better 😃
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnlow31 View Post
I have times when I regret having the surgery I was one month post op yesterday. The first couple weeks were very rough and quite painful. Now I am just discouraged with the swelling, heaviness and I seem to have a lingering depression and irritability that doesn't settle. I am worried my ovaries aren't working yet. I had the surgery for extremely heavy periods and for a uterine and bladder prolapse. I haven't been able to see the benefits of the prolapse repairs since the problem was painful intercourse and we haven't crossed that bridge yet . I was feeling discouraged and cried last night because I just don't feel like "me". My emotions are flat like when I was on anti depressants years ago. My doctor isn't overly supportive. She seems to minimize things and is kind of pushy. She told me in my pre op appointment that I would be fine without any help after a week of recovery. Um.....NO. I see her next Thursday for my only post op check up and I am kind of nervous.

I am 6 mo post op LAVH. Every month brought on something different
I was sore an bloated. I cried an was an emotional wreck for at least 3-4 months and I have a hormone patch!
Everybody's body is different. Be patient w yourself and relax wen u r tired
I still get exhausted. A full year for full recovery is normal.
Your body is healing from the inside out so u can't see the pain!!
The last 3-4 weeks I'm finally feeling like myself. The bloating will go away
I've lost all my weight I needed to but still can't take anything remotely tight on my stomach!!!
There is a end in sight, my dear!!
I prayed for time to go by to get to the 6th month mark.
Don't be hard on yourself
A tip wen u get to the sex part..... LUBE!
It's a must.... No need to be embarrassed , your body doesn't create lubricant like it used to!
Ugh..... I had to have 2 MEN Drs explain this to me.... Mortifying!!!!
Good luck & God bless u 💖
Unread 09-23-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melsmic View Post
I'm so sorry. I had fibroids as well and enlarged uterus and very heavy periods. I'm just so depressed and tired of pain. Yea I have pain meds but I save those for night time. I'm out of ibuprofen that helped during the day. I hate my stomach being swelly, and it's still sore at times. Just tired of being tired.

It's early in your recovery!
I had ovaries scraped of adhesions in Nov 2012 then full LAVH in march 2013
I hadn't recovered from the first surgery b4 the next one happened
Had a uterus full of cysts that wer very painful an looked 7 months pregnant by the end of the day!
I know what your going thru! It WILL get better. Eat sensibly, walk and b kind to your body it's still recovering!
Do what u can do in a days time, u will get tired easily. Other days u have lots of energy
Bless you & good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach123 View Post
I had a LAVH in March and I felt for a quite a while things would not get better etc. Constantly tired etc but now 6 months down the line I have stretches when I feel like better than I have in years. I was amazed the first time - it was like, wow I remember this feeling!! I had forgotten what it was like to have energy - made me realise how bad the past few years have been. And these great days come much more frequently, its just the odd day that the world catches up and I have a super long sleep. So hang in there it DOES get better.
I can totally relate 6 mo post op LAVH and I'm finally feeling like my old self
U just get tired of hearing.... Time, it just takes time! But it really does. I don't regret surgery one bit.... But I did at times 😃
Unread 09-23-2013, 09:26 PM
Re: Anyone regret their surgery?

I so regret my surgery! I have had so many set backs and complications! My surgery was done Dec. 4 , 2012. I had rectocele repair on August 16, 2013. I feel like crap! I wish I would had never had that surgery!
Unread 09-24-2013, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksamsteve View Post
I just had a meltdown On Saturday night it finally hit me that I wouldn't be able to conceive a child again even though we never got our little little girl. My husband already had a vasectomy but even looking back he still could've had a reversal and we do have four boys so I am fortunate that we do have children now but I always wanted a little girl and so did he and it just broke my heart thinking about it but now there's never a possibility that I can ever have one and it was very crushing my heart.
I'm so sorry, bless u. Those feelings are normal to have.
Unread 09-24-2013, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny long View Post
I had mine at 12.45 i came back to the ward with no pain relief i was in so much pain and after 3hrs they gave me some pain relief, the morning after my consultant came and discharged me gave me no pain relief to go home with i was in so much pain i cant explain the bleeding has only just stoped and i had it done 17th july now im on HRT and its wonderfull i really regreted the operation but now so happy other than my weight gain
I heard about the dreaded weight gain.. Good luck
Unread 09-24-2013, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann McCallie View Post
It's early in your recovery!
I had ovaries scraped of adhesions in Nov 2012 then full LAVH in march 2013
I hadn't recovered from the first surgery b4 the next one happened
Had a uterus full of cysts that wer very painful an looked 7 months pregnant by the end of the day!
I know what your going thru! It WILL get better. Eat sensibly, walk and b kind to your body it's still recovering!
Do what u can do in a days time, u will get tired easily. Other days u have lots of energy
Bless you & good luck
Thank u!!
Unread 09-24-2013, 12:39 PM

I am 4 1/2 years out from my surgery and I regret it every day. I know that with most women it is a great relief and solves whatever problem they were having, but for me, things just got worse, I have now had 19 additional surgeries for complications, and the doctor who did my TAH told me I'll have to deal with these issues the rest of my life, if I could take it back I would, but for most of you ladies, who are feeling discomfort, etc a short time after I am sure you will start feeling better in no time! I will keep you in my thoughts!
Unread 09-24-2013, 01:04 PM

Prayers for you going up!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register