I am so drepressed I think I will Cry!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am so drepressed I think I will Cry!! I am so drepressed I think I will Cry!!

Unread 12-08-2004, 02:35 PM
I am so drepressed I think I will Cry!!

Hi all,

I got a phone call day before yesterday from my doctors nurse and was told that my blood sugar test came back that my blood sugar is to unstable to have my surgery. Now what? I called my reg. doc and went into him yesterday and he said I am Impaired Glucose Tolerance and that I have to start testing my sugar 4 times a day and keeping a log and I have to go to a dietican for diet control and if that doesn't work then he will put me on meds and he said he will send me for a second and even a third oppion if need be for my surgery to try and get something done sooner but he said if they come back and say the samething then I will have to wait for my surgery to happen even longer. I am so upset. This has been going on so long now and my pain is getting worse, it's to the point that I can't even handle standing up long enough to cook dinner for my husband and 4 children. And to top it off I found out Monday that I have 2 plantar warts on my right foot and have to have them surgically cut out and burned on Friday and will have trouble with that for a few weeks. One of the warts is a little bigger then a pea and about 1/2 - 1 inch deep. If it's not one thing going on it's another. They want me to get my sugar under control, loose weight, exercise which is hard when I can't even handle standing up for more then 10 mins at a time, and stop smoking all at the sametime and it's just to much for me to handle all at once and I feel like I am all alone in this. I know I am over weight and I have been wanting to loose weight pretty much my whole life but right now is not a good time to be told that I have to with me needing my surgery. THANK GOD I have all of you guys for the hysterectomy stuff I am going through or I don't know what I would do. Has anyone else had all these delays because of blood sugar and weight problems and stuff before, if so I would love to hear from some of you. Thanks for being here for me.

Kristy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2004, 03:04 PM

Wow Honeybee, that is a lot to deal with!! How about trying to regulate your blood sugar 1st? I have been told I am pre-diabetic (I'm obese) and should try a low-carb, low-fat, high-protein diet. (This is hard for me to do in times of stress and when it's cold, but I'm trying). I've seen a product in the drugstore called Glucerna (milk shakes) that say they'll help...how about asking your doc about those. Quitting smoking at the same time seems like almost too much to ask at this time. Is the pain standing up caused by the warts? If not, perhaps that could wait (what would be the chance you could have it done while under anaesthesia?) Good luck to you and I wouldn't blame you at all for having a good cry!! You have a lot on your plate and added stresses don't help...hope you can find a way to relax...who knows, a really good nutritional program may be a good start. Again, warm hugs to you.
Unread 12-08-2004, 03:32 PM

The pain in standing is mostly from my pelvic problems but it does hurt my foot as well. They are sending me to a dietician for help with the diabetic diet. The man thing is I am so tired of hurting from the pelvic problems and having to take pain meds for that. The don't think I am stable enough to have my TVH W bladder and rectal repair and they can't estimate how long it will be before I can have it. Thanks for helping and I would love to chat more about different things that are working for you.

Kristy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2004, 03:44 PM

Kristy,
I have reactive hypoglycemia which is very hard to control and I'm also pre-diabetic which is easier to control. From my own personal experience, it took months to get my blood sugar under control and even now, if I'm stressed or tired, it still gets out of whack. I agree with your doctor that you should get your blood sugar under control, lose weight and quit smoking, but all at once??? and as a prerequisite for surgery??? That seems totally unrealistic to me and puts so much pressure on you. All I can say is that my blood sugar was not a problem with my surgery. They put me on a sugar drip as soon as I got to the hospital and that maintained my blood sugar perfectly (better than I could have with diet). The only problem was the night before when I couldn't have anything to eat. I got permission to take my glucose tablets if my blood sugar dropped too low, but I never needed to use them. It's good that your doctor is concerned about this, but maybe if he/she brought in a consulting endocrinologist they would let you go ahead with surgery.
PM me if you want more information on diets and glucose regulation.
Christina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register