Insomnia questions after hyst - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Insomnia questions after hyst Insomnia questions after hyst

Unread 06-03-2005, 05:07 PM
Wow!

Ok, wierd day yesterday...I didn't sleep at ALL on Wednesday night. Thursday I went to the doc to get sutures out (again) and steri strips put on(again). I usually have class from 4-7 which I've been able to go to since my first week post-op. I just didn't feel well yesterday so I didn't go. Around 5 I started to get sick to my stomach and threw up, and decided around 5:30 to lay down and see if it would pass. Well, I fell asleep and didn't wake up until 11:00 am Friday! 17.5 hours! I've never slept that long in my life! Didn't even get up to go to the bathroom (which I've been having to do 3-4 times a night since the surgery). Still feel really tired today, probably because of sleeping too much, but I went from pure insomnia to the exact opposite. I'll keep you all posted on what happens tonight, but that was just wierd to me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2005, 05:59 AM
Insomnia questions after hyst

I have been having trouble sleeping too. I can fall asleep but wake up in alot of pain. My recliner has been my buddy. 3 hours has been the max for me until last night when I slept 5 hours straight and was able to go back to sleep for another hour!!!! Yeah! And it was in BED not the recliner.
Definetly think this is a common thing between the discomfort, anesthetic, and hormones, boy sleep always seemed like a easy thing for me! Hope you get back to sleeping good really soon. Tiffany
Unread 06-04-2005, 12:03 PM

I had insommia starting in the hospital and progressively getting worse until about 5 weeks post op. Most nights I would lay away until about 3 or 4am and then wake up several times and lay awake some more and finally be up for good at about 7am. I think at that point I was averaging about 2 hours actual sleep total a night. I felt like the walking dead. My brain was in a fog. I wanted to cry all the time. The doctor recommended several things such as not taking naps (I wasn't anyway-I couldn't sleep night or day), having white noise in the room and taking benadryl. These didn't work at all so a few days latter she prescribed ambien-I slept a little more (maybe four hours total) but was sick to my stomach the next day. Finally she prescribed HRT (Estradiol 1mg). She said that I might not feel the effects right away but that in a month we would know if it was helping. I thought, I'll be dead from lack of sleep before a month is out. However, within two days I began to sleep better. At 11 weeks, I still take a while to fall asleep but then boy do I sleep. I finally got up this morning at 9:15. When I don't have anywhere to go I just let myself sleep as late as my body craves. (I figure I've got catching up to do.)

Talk to your doctor. He/she may be able to help.
Nutshell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2005, 12:20 PM

hey! well i know what you mean i have not gone to sleep before 3am since i got home. in the hospital i fell asleep early for i was on some pretty good pain killers and ever since i came home i just can not seem to sleep. i had a tah keeping my overies. i am 28 and have one child. if you find out a way to fall asleep let me know and i will do the same for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register