Scheduled LAVH worried..one month left till surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

worried..one month left till surgery worried..one month left till surgery

Unread 10-06-2009, 02:06 PM
worried..one month left till surgery

Hi,

I am a little worried about my surgery. It is schedualed for about a month from now, Nov 13. I am already down about the holidays as I am way from my family for the first time in a LONG time, we are military and just got stationed in KY. As well as I have 2 small kids, 4 and almost 2. How do i cope with not being able to hold them, or bath them... I am a SAHM and so not being hands on with them is going to KILL me... I am worried if I am going to scared them with my pain from recovery, I have a very low pain tollerance... any suggestions...

Thanks for being here for me to ask questions and vent my fears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Re: worried..one month left till surgery

Benham -

to you! It must be so difficult being away from your family during the holidays, and now facing a hysterectomy.

I don't know much about the recovery yet, but I am having an LAVH on Friday, and I promise to come back on here and let you know how the recovery process goes.

I'm glad that you've found this site because there are so many wonderful ladies here that will offer up their support to you.

Hang in there!!

Hugs!

Lori
Unread 10-06-2009, 02:12 PM

Wow, I'm sure it won't be easy for you!

First, if you haven't already, get connected to a really good support network. That could be through a church, a community group, your neighborhood or whatever. Get connected with other women especially so they can support you and help out with your little ones, too.

You'll still be able to be hands on with your kids. Before your surgery go to the library & get a whole stack of really great fun looking books. Plan a story time maybe even several times a day when they can either snuggle up with you in bed or on the couch and listen to you read to them. That way they can have the physical contact with you that they're used to and need and they can have some really sweet intimate time with you, too...while your physical restrictions are still being tended to.

If you can, before your surgery, put up some meals and put them in the freezer. This might be making meatloaf & freezing it uncooked and then baking it later or doing spaghetti sauce and freezing it for later reheating. Plan now to make it as easy on yourself as possible.

Keep coming here, too, and we'll all do our best to support and encourage you, too. The holidays away from your extended family would be a rough time to have the operation, but if you and your family pull in a great support network and rally together, you can make it a positive and memorable experience for the kids and for you.

God bless you, sister!
Stacie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2009, 02:41 PM

Get a step stool so the kids can climb up on the couch with you. Keep a pillow on your tummy incase they accidentally lean into you. The kids are young enough that they wont even remember this time. Most of the time, kids sense that something is going on & maybe they will be good for you. They are very adaptable. I am sorry you are away from your family for the holiday's. I was away for 7 years & it is hard. Keep the phone close.
Unread 10-06-2009, 04:49 PM

Thank you everyone for the kind thoughts/words.. we are dealing with one surgery recovery now, my daughter had tonsils/adnoids and a knot removed yesterday, and i cried seeing her in pain So i hope i dont freak them out with mine...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register