Scheduled LAVH FREAKING out! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

FREAKING out! FREAKING out!

Unread 12-03-2012, 08:37 AM
Re: FREAKING out!

My surgery is on the 5th too!
I was an emotional mess last week at work...took my totally by surprise. I am so glad I took the few days prior off...It hit me last night how nervous I am. My biggest fear is getting the IV in....after that I should be ok...I think I will let them know I am nervous too and maybe, they can give me something to make me "happy".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2012, 08:58 AM

Good Morning. First - you are NOT ALONE.

My surgery is Dec 5th too. I cant believe how close it is. Ive been freaking out for WEEKS but my anxiety is through the roof. I also - do not know what procedure i will wake up from. Initally the dr told me i would definately be a TAH due to so many adhesions, severe endo, and my c section scar tissue. When he called me last week, he said he may go in laproscopic first to SEE if he can do a LAVH... if not he will proceed with a TAH. so i COMPLETELY understand the anxiety of the unknown.

I plan on telling them when i get there that im anxious, and see if they can give me something so i dont go into the OR freaking out.

Other than that - Ive just tried to stay busy. Ive got my house clean, the laundry done and put away, some meals prepped in the freezer so hubby can just throw them in the crock pot in the mornings... my sons clothes ready for school (matched & on hangers so he can just grab them) ... im also still working today and half day tomorrow before i go home to do my bowel prep.

We can do this - and we will be FINE after - and feel so much better after recovery! *hug*
Unread 12-03-2012, 09:03 AM

Hello. I had a TAH three months ago, and I was nervous a few days before and also before they took me to the OR. When my blood pressure and respirations were increasing due to nerves, I started talking with the nurse about different topics. The anesthesiologists came and gave me my happy medicine and I was good to go. You are human and will be nervous, just try to think about the end result...no more pain. I do not regret having this surgery...I am so pain free...it's a great thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2012, 09:51 AM

I'm having a LAVH, does anyone know how long the surgery is supposed to take?
Unread 12-03-2012, 10:18 AM

At my preop today at the hospital they told me 2 hours if all goes well. They also told me they were taking blood to type me so they would have some available that matched "just in case I bleed out".....I'm thinking there could be a better way to explain that...I'm just sayin'
Unread 12-03-2012, 10:31 AM

OH Yeah, like you're not nervous enough. Thanks for the info. I didn't have an answer for anyone when they asked.
Unread 12-03-2012, 11:09 AM

I am scheduled for the divinci but I have had a c-section only one could this make my surgery type change ... It seems like it has happen to quite a few of u after reading the post ....... Good luck on your surgeries girls!!! Ill be praying for your quick recovery

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register