6 month check in | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 month check in 6 month check in

Unread 01-11-2010, 06:28 AM
6 month check in

it has been 6 months since my surgery and I have not been on the site in a while-when I realized that my 6- month anniversary had come I planed to take a moment to check in and post what has been going on with me-what a wonderful surprise when I saw an e-mail from the site managers checking in on me

well things for the most part has been back to pretty much normal- except for the times when I'm unable to control my bladder I know to do the kegal (sp) exercises but sometimes even that does not help- maybe I'm not doing them right?

over all my outlook on life has surprised even me- I have definitely changed for the better-- sorta like a "growing old gracefully" attitude

I have gained all my weight back that I lost during the whole process; which is a good thing for me because I am thin to begin with.

I can't think of anything else but if I do I will post another
but fell free to ask any questions if you want
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Re: 6 month check in

That is Great! I am glad you are doing good.
I am also 6 months post op. I am doing ok. I still get swelly belly if I do too much. They say your sex drive goes down. Not sure if that is true. I am still scared to have sex. It's probably just a mental thing with me. lol I still feel a little tug when I pee but that's it. Other than that I have been good. I am loosing weight. I found out I am hyperthyroid. It has been one thing after the other with me these past few years. I though after this surgery I would never be normal again. I thought the pain would never go away. It does. It just takes time. lol I hope you keep doing well and get on those kegal's lol. I didn't have bladder problems after my surgery but I did loose bladder control after the birth of my first kid so I know what your going through. It was very embarrasing for me. You just have to do them every day.
Unread 01-13-2010, 02:19 PM

Glad to see everyone doing well at 6 months! Hard to believe it has been that long already for me! I still have swelly belly as well...in part due to lack of exercise! I was very happy to discover that my sex life did not change other than a slight lack of desire...everything else is well and good! I wondered if anyone who kept their ovaries like I did has had their estrogen level checked after surgery? I say this because sometimes I feel like I am not myself...kinda flighty if you will..or maybe I am just getting old! Lol Just wondered how women are supposed to know if everything is working normally after surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2010, 05:20 PM

I had my left ovary and tube removed from a surgery prior to this one. I still have my right one though. I haven't been checked though. I know the feeling your talking about. I was having up and downs like a rollercoaster after my surgery. I think it was just because your body is adjusting to not having periods any more. Mine has tappered down a lot now though. I still go through my monthly just without the bleeding so mabey it is just that. Your hormones are still working the same way as they were before. I think we didn't notice it as much because of the bleeding. Now that were not the emotions are more obvious.
Unread 01-13-2010, 06:23 PM

Have checked out the site from time to time but haven't posted in a while. Hit the six month mark on the 7th. Energy level seems back to normal. Still get some tingly, crawly type feeling around the incision site sometimes. While before I just half heartedly tried to get back to exercising, since the beginning of the year I'm working more seriously on getting back in shape--especially the abdominal area. I am unhappy that I weigh more than I did before surgery, even though it doesn't make me heavy, I don't like how clothes are fitting so I need to loose some. I am on HRT because the loss of ovaries caused terrible hot flashes and sleeplessness. Sex?? Well, never painful but not great either. I am still hopeful that it will get more back to what it was before surgery. I still haven't reached a point where I can say I am so glad I had this done. No painful periods are great but I feel there should have been some big "A ha moment" that I missed. But I feel lucky to have had a good recovery and I'm trying to get past this and move on.
Unread 02-16-2010, 02:46 PM

I reached my 6 month mark on 2/12 for TAH, and I feel great! I still get swelly belly too. Does that ever stop? I also get twinges at the incision at times - usually after exercising. I got Wii Fit for Xmas & try to do that 3-5 times/week. The variety helps keep me motivated and keeps track of my weight/BMI. My sex drive was normal post-surgery but I was too scared to do anything. I did finally conquer my fear in January, but I now need to use lubrication which I never used before. I'm going on vacation in a couple weeks & am so excited I don't have to worry about having a period while I'm away!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register