Cross your fingers please..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cross your fingers please..... Cross your fingers please.....

Unread 08-28-2006, 12:58 AM
Cross your fingers please.....

Hellosies all.

Well the saga continues.

For those just dropping in I am 10 weeks out of recovery TAH, right ovary/tube, appendix. Doc cleared me the 8th of this month to be "human " again.

So I went to a wedding way far from home, on a hot day, wearing a pair of pants ( cause I was in the ceremony and it was a Country Western Theme) that I prolly should na have put on. OOPS.

That was last weekend.

I have been hurting for a week now. Nothing is helping it say not moving and THAT aint gonna happen.

So Thursday I caved in ( I was hoping it would go away) and called the Nurses hotline. I got the proverbial run around.
Friday someone called me back, however I was not home ( I had errands that refuse to be trained to do themselves) and they did na try to reach my celly number ( even though it is listed). Thankfully they left a number.

SoOoOo wishing against the grain of things( it being Saturday by now) I called and someone Above likes me enough to have someone in the clinic on a SATURDAY. So I relayed my story.
She said she will do what she can to get me seen this upcoming week. We are shooting for Monday or Tuesday.

The pain isn't the only issue ( heck before my surgery I woulda thought I "broke" something.....now nothing is there soOoOo I can at least I don't have any fears). My emotions seem to have found a neat new ride I want nothing to do with ( I was at least 3 different types of people one day....).

So please keep me in your thoughts. I am hoping to get a perky call back for a doc appointment. Preferably with my surgeon. Hopefully I can get some answers to what is going on ( like something to help with the pain and something...anything even if it is just info....to help me with the rollercoaster.....this thing has no seat belts and I am deathly afraid of heights....LOL!)

Thank you all so much!

*hugs*

-LBS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2006, 11:13 AM

(((Hugs))) to you as you wait to get in. Don't you just love the "Hurry up and wait" game? Sounds like you have developed a shopping list of things to talk to your dr. about. Heck, why bother him with just an owie tummy? Now you can discuss hormones and such. What an amusement park you are visiting!

Take care and let us know how it goes.

Cathy
Unread 08-28-2006, 12:04 PM

Well I called the nurse back ( I hurt in other places now and I think my belly is swollen ARGH!) and she is gonna get me into the clinic with another doc ( and I don't even care at this point) for tomorrow atr 2:30.

Another nurse is supposed to call me back today to see if I need to be squeezed in earlier ( heck yes please!).

Thank ya'll so much!

-LBS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2006, 01:26 PM

Very, very sorry to see you're going through such a tough time right now. I hope they get you in ASAP so you can move past all this. It feels like getting help shouldn't be this hard!

Hang in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register