DH freaked out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

DH freaked out DH freaked out

Unread 02-28-2013, 10:36 AM
DH freaked out

So Hubby and I were talking last night about the procedure regarding how long he'll have to go in to work late; his only real concern regarding my restrictions, simply because he's a supervisor for a financial company and they are going through A LOT of changes right now. He's pretty stressed at work. His managers and employees have all been very very supportive and understanding of everything that is going on.

He's perfectly fine, and capable, of cleaning up the house, taking care of the kids, etc. He's a great dad, always cooks anyways and I often admit a more patient parent than I am.

I told him last night he should expect 2 weeks of going in late, and he was a little surprised, considering it just means helping the kids get dressed, fed, and off to the bus stop. Then we pulled up some stuff online about the consequences of doing too much, tearing, and pulling stitches and the scar tissue it can cause. After this brief research he replies "You just better sit your *** down and don't screw yourself up!!!" LOL. I guess he understands now the reason for a long recovery! I love his encouragement and support. When both our kids were born and when my tubes were tied he laid me up in bed, gave me a walkie talkie and waited on all of my needs. <3

On a side note, the dreams have started. They have been good and bad, and I keep waiting for myself to freak out during the day, but I'm oddly calm. I was this calm with the birth of our kids, and especially on my wedding day. I think this peace is a gift from God telling me it will be all right and we're not making a mistake.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Re: DH freaked out

Hi Dove437, A couple of the things I learned to do several years ago when mornings were chaotic was to lay out the children's clothing the night before. They had to make their choices ahead of time and were not allowed to switch the next morning. Breakfast became dry cereal or something that could be heated quickly like the microwave meals. It was not for a very long time and the kiddos considered it a treat to have something different while mom was laid up.
Unread 02-28-2013, 02:56 PM

Dove437

It sounds to me like you have a WONDERFUL husband. When I first saw the title of your thread, I thought, "oh no, poor girl"...but how great it is to read that you have someone that cares so much about you.

I think you should listen to him too!! Let him take care of you and you just focus on your recovery!!! Sit back and

to you!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2013, 12:31 AM

You have a good man there!
Unread 03-01-2013, 08:24 AM

my hubby was only off 4 days after my surgery but by this time I could at least get myself to and from the bathroom and kichen-I could get myself things to eat when I got hungry
our "kids" are adults so I could ask them for help if needed
the most important thing I found out was listen to your body--

when I felt good I would try and do too much and then I would hurt and get real tired--that was my clue to take a nap and not to over due it

your body will never steer you wrong!!!

take care things do get better--I was off of work 6 weeks and then 3 more weeks of 5 hrs a day--I really needed my nap after the 5 hrs too so just take easy!!!!
Unread 03-01-2013, 08:28 PM

I have a boyfriend like this. He's coming to stay for 2 weeks and says that I am to do nothing other than what I need to like walking a bit to avoid clotting. He fully intends to take care of everything around the house and pamper me. He is so worried I will hurt myself or something. It's so sweet when you have someone like this isn't it?
Unread 03-01-2013, 11:20 PM

My DH took two weeks off after my surgery. He took care of everything around the house and set the alarm throughout the night for me to take my meds. I had no appetite and would not have eaten but he made me homemade chicken soup and pestered me until I ate. He was wonderful.

We are truly blessed to have partners like this in our lives. I thanked and complemented my DH often to let him know how much I appreciated everything he did.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register