Trouble sleeping - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Trouble sleeping Trouble sleeping

Unread 08-01-2004, 08:38 AM
Trouble sleeping

I took a Tylenol Pm last night at 8pm, went up to bed and read a boring book till 9pm, laid there until I finally fell asleep at 9:30. Now, this wouldn't have been so bad if I had slept through. I did fall into a deep sleep for a few hrs., but then started waking up every few hrs. It was still a longer sleep then I have had in months. I still feel groggy today. I am very short fused with the family this morning. I am also feeling anxious about getting every thing done around the house that I want to before Wednesday. I am going food shopping today and I am going to cook all day tomorrow.

Jennifer, I still haven't started Flo, just all the pain. She'll probably show up Tues and be raging for Wednesday morning! How are you feeling? Did you infection clear up?

Crystal, weird huh?? I wonder what this is all about? I usually start cramping and then by the next morning, Niagra Falls. I wonder if our bodies know we are going into surgery and want to make sure we don't forget why we're going! 3 years! I couldn't imagine, I would make everyones lives miserable!!! I hope things get better for you too!

Dove
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2004, 06:36 AM
Trouble sleeping

Hi Dove. Last night I took my anxiety pill at 11:00 and was asleep a half hour later. I was wide awake at 4:00am. I got back to sleep till about 7:00. I really needed that sleep! I'm trying to get everything done too. Yesterday I tried laying in the sun while my children played in their pool, but I just couldn't do it, not with so much to do. I floated in there for about a half hour (pool is just big enough for me to lay straight!lol) and then ended up cutting the grass weeding and pruning and cleaning out the cupboards and on top of the fridgerator and laundry, dusted, windexed windows and cleaned the bathroom and didn't stop till it was time for bed. My dh kept asking if there was something he could do to help and I said "take care of the kids" I needed a break from the kids for a while even if it was just to clean. He worked everyday last week, so Sunday was his only day off. I have some spotting, but not the full monty yet. I do have some cramping this morning so I think it's gonna be here by tomarrow because I usually don't get cramps until later in the day. I have to babysit for 10 hours today (UGH), so I'm not going to get as much as I want done, Probably just some laundry. Although I could send the older ones out to play in the back yard while I clean the carpet in the living room! I'm a wreck. If I don't keep moving I'm afraid I'll break down. I hope you have a good day. I'm thinking about you, and you are in my prayers.
Unread 08-02-2004, 06:48 AM
Trouble sleeping

I'm always up every couple of hours or so. I never feel rested in the morning, either. I either have to get up to pee or to change "protection".

It's tough now, but I am looking forward to productive, sleep-filled nights after my operation. I am most worried about being able to rest the week before surgery, as I have read that the more relaxed you can be going in, the less pain you endure post-op.

While I'm not a doctor, and I certainly wouldn't want to second-guess anything which is successful for others, I personally have never gotten good sleep using medications. I even get goofy when I take Nyquil gel-caps -- they give me wild dreams and I wish I had never gone to sleep when I take them.

I'm better off just hitting the herbal tea (Bigelow's "Sweet Dreams" is my favorite) or hot chocolate and reading a book.
Unread 08-02-2004, 08:15 AM
Trouble sleeping

mjd, I hope you are able to get some rest, you still have a long way to go! Actually it will be here before you know it. My surgery was scheduled 6 weeks in advance, and I kept thinking that day will never come. Here it is 2 more days! And there is still so much I want to do before being useless! I plan to take advantage of my recovery and spend as much time as I can resting.

Unfortunately hot chocolate and tea have just enough caffeine to keep me up all night! If I take a sip of Coke before going to bed I lay there for hours. Good luck to you. I need to get stuff done!

Dove

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register