4 days post-hysterectomy: not much of an appetite - what are you eating? - Page 3 | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 days post-hysterectomy: not much of an appetite - what are you eating? 4 days post-hysterectomy: not much of an appetite - what are you eating?

Unread 04-23-2015, 09:42 PM
4 days post-hysterectomy: not much of an appetite - what are you eating?

I'm at my 1 week mark from LVH. I'm just now getting an appetite. I ate crackers as well, and also juiced. My husband made soups. I'm really starting to feel like a huge Mexican feast!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2015, 11:55 AM
Re: 4 days post-hysterectomy: not much of an appetite - what are you eating?

Today is 5-days post-op and yesterday was horrible. The constipation caught up with me and I had to go back to just clear liquids as there was nothing that I could eat. Hoping today will be better. I find that I am craving small amounts of familiar foods with a lot of variety. So many people have brought food to me that I have a fridge full of stuff that I am sure will go bad before I am able to eat it.
Unread 05-02-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy15 View Post
I'm 4 days post op TAH minus 1 ovary. It had cysts so the doc took it. What kinds of foods are you eating? I'm mostly eating soup, soft sandwiches, fruit, and water. I dont have much of an appetite, but I'm really huge from swelling
That is great.just eat I had after surgery..it takes some time for appetite to come back..just be patient..take one day at time
Unread 05-03-2015, 09:35 AM

I'm two days out, and I'm handling fresh fruit, toast and eggs pretty well. I'm trying to get a lot of fiber, for obvious reasons, and walk as much as I can handle.
Unread 05-03-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy15 View Post
I'm 4 days post op TAH minus 1 ovary. It had cysts so the doc took it. What kinds of foods are you eating? I'm mostly eating soup, soft sandwiches, fruit, and water. I dont have much of an appetite, but I'm really huge from swelling
Hi there! I totally understand the not wanting to eat much. I found that Activia yogurt was good. Something light and not to heavy to put in your stomach.I also drank lots of water. It helps to make u feel full and not sick to your tummy.
Unread 05-03-2015, 11:55 PM

I haven't had much of an appetite either. I'll be one week post op tomorrow. I've been forcing myself to eat a Greek yogurt every day. I found out salad was a horrible idea. The gas pains from the romaine were like labor pains. I did okay with Pixie Tangerines and a kind of orange that has low acid levels. Banana pudding didn't go over well, neither did pancakes and sausage. I've mostly just been snacking here and there. Grazing, I guess. I have been eating soft breakfast bars, pecans, and also frozen yogurt cups. I have been craving salty snacks like nobody's business, but I thought all the sodium wouldn't be a good idea.
Unread 05-04-2015, 08:07 AM

After surgery I didn't feel like eating at all and the doc said that was OK. After several days I tried soups and crackers and then went on to regular foods.

I really understand though, I continued to be nauseated and didn't want to eat at all for several days. What an awful feeling.

Good luck with your recovery, sounds like you're on the mend.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register