First post recovery. | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First post recovery. First post recovery.

Unread 04-26-2015, 02:59 PM
First post recovery.

My 04/24 surgery went well. Lost my ovaries, tubes, uterus and cervix. Due to other health conditions I had to quit smoking right after the surgery. It has been 2 days and I am really tired but the pain is manageable. It is not what I thought it would be. But I am glad that once I am healed my suffering will be over. Thank you for your support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2015, 04:34 PM
Re: First post recovery.

Just try to stay positive. I am glad that your pain is manageable that makes recovery easier.
Unread 04-26-2015, 07:19 PM

Congrats on quitting smoking!! That's great! Are you struggling with that? I quit a long time ago...it's something to be very proud of!

Isn't it good to know the surgery is behind you? I also felt like recovery was not as bad as I thought it would be. I'm 10 days post op and can't believe how great I feel! Not perfect, but really great!

Hang in there, and take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggels View Post
My 04/24 surgery went well. Lost my ovaries, tubes, uterus and cervix. Due to other health conditions I had to quit smoking right after the surgery. It has been 2 days and I am really tired but the pain is manageable. It is not what I thought it would be. But I am glad that once I am healed my suffering will be over. Thank you for your support.
and to the otherside. We are so glad that you found us. Remember we are here for you . . . you are not alone. I am so glad that your surgery went well and that your pain is manageable. Don't be afraid to take your meds when you need them. . . it is important to your healing to stay ahead of the pain.

During these early days it is important for you to rest lots, to drink lots, and to walk This is a "rest harder" recovery and not a "push harder" one.

on your continued recovery.
Unread 05-04-2015, 07:50 PM
First post recovery.

Ladies thank you so much for your encouragement. It has been easy to quit actually. I smoked a pack a day since I was 17. Quit several times but picked it back up. I was so scared after the surgery it scared it out of me Today has been very ruff with constipation. I have been hurting more. It is nice to know we are not alone. Thank you again.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register