Question for those who had hyster for adenomyosis | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question for those who had hyster for adenomyosis Question for those who had hyster for adenomyosis

Unread 02-16-2012, 07:04 AM
Question for those who had hyster for adenomyosis

My doctor suspects adenomyosis. She doesn't really want to run up my bill with an MRI and I have a condition called Lichen Sclerosus that makes a speculum extremely painful, so she doesn't want to do a biopsy. But, nothing else seems to fit. I had 3 c-sections back to back, which I know raises my risk of adenomyosis. I have heavy periods that get heavier each month. I have bad cramps for several days of my period. I have a dull ache the rest of the month. And on an ultra sound my uterus is enlarged.

My question is if you had ademonyosis, did you have digestive issues and were they resolved after your hysterectomy? I have always had gas, bloating, and mild diarrhea with my period...since I was 12 years old. Now though, I have a dull ache of a cramp every day and it usually accompanied with gas, bloating, and loose stools. It's hard to tell where the uterine cramps end and my colon woes begin if that makes sense at all. It feels like the colon troubles are related to my cramps.

Did any of you have these type of digestive issues with adenomyosis and did they go away after the hysterectomy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2012, 07:36 AM
Re: Question for those who had hyster for adenomyosis

have not had my mysterectomy yet but doctor suspects adenomosis among other things also, i have also always had the digestive problems in fact i could be you am curious also to know if hyster will solve that problem 2, if so i would be one more happy girl!
Unread 02-16-2012, 07:44 AM

Yes, ss1970, me too. I will be disappointed if I go through this surgery only to find my colon issues and gas were completely unrelated.

I'm supposed to start my period next week. I woke up this morning with yucky cramps, feeling like I was about to start. Then I got a bit of painful gas, then the urge to have a bowel movement right away and after I passed the gas and passed a few loose stools, I felt better. But the strange thing is that it all started with feeling like period cramps instead of feeling like a needed to poop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2012, 10:44 AM

I had tah on Tuesday with the same symptoms lets hope this is the end of it, will keep you posted.
Unread 02-16-2012, 11:21 AM

I have the same issues along with suspected endo. I am really hoping the hyster helps because my period and ovulation pains always start and are worst near my left ovary/bowel area. It would be a definite bonus for me if this helped with the bloating and bowel issues. I just read about the connection last week.

Hope to hear from some people who have been there.
Unread 02-16-2012, 01:02 PM

I just had my LAVH with LS&O on Dec. 28th. I was always told you have Ibs or just heavy periods. I had an ablation and did a round of Lupron. The ablation failed. I can tell you I could definitively feel a difference even the night of the surgery when I walked, however I was put on bentyl which is an anti spasm med used for IBS which has helped tremendously after the surgery. I got that med 2 days after surgery from the surgeon.

My path report did show adenomyosis which I have dealt with for years. I wish you the best of luck.
Unread 02-16-2012, 04:08 PM

Had my hysterectomy on Monday, 2/13, and there was no adenomyosis suspected but when the pathology came back this week there was indeed adenomyosis. When I looked it up I had all the symptoms. I didn't have any indigestion problems but always had a bowel issue with my periods. When the period was over the bowel issue went away. Good luck on your surgery!
Unread 02-16-2012, 09:29 PM

Wow! What an interesting post.. I am in the same boat.. suspected adenomyosis from the ultrasound, my doctor suspects she might find some endometriosis as well since I have pain on the lower right side.. hysterectomy scheduled for March 27th.

I, too, have always had bowel/gas issues with my period, but never knew it to be related to the adenomyosis..
Unread 02-16-2012, 09:45 PM

I had Adenomyosis and I am almost 4 months post DaVinci...

I had the same issues and am afraid to say it did not go away for me. My loose stools would become bright yellow at times. It turned out I also had Gall Bladder issues. I had that surgery 2 months ago. I feel tons better.

I would have a Doc check your gall bladder just in case... especially if you have yellow stools on and off.

Just a thought..
Unread 02-17-2012, 08:25 PM
a little hope for adeno pain

I thought I would give the adeno people out there a little hope. I had my LAVH last monday on Feb 13th

with my adeno, just to name a few problems....
I had daily pain. somedays so bad i would sit on the floor and cry. i couldnt walk far at all. my pelvis shifted, i was bloated and sore. i had pain that ran through my back down my legs.

i am 4 days post op. yes i have surgical pain. but its controlled. i stll cant walk far, but thats because i had surgery. every day i get stronger. But those adeno pains i listed above - GONE. just like that. I wake up and wait for it to start. but it doesnt.

i hope you get the same relief

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register