Hysterectomy scheduled 4/15, mass on uterine wall and weight loss, scared...everything moving fast - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy scheduled 4/15, mass on uterine wall and weight loss, scared...everything moving fast Hysterectomy scheduled 4/15, mass on uterine wall and weight loss, scared...everything moving fast

Unread 04-05-2014, 02:02 PM
Re: Hysterectomy scheduled 4/15, mass on uterine wall and weight loss, scared...everything moving fast

roshka -

It is okay to . You are going through so much right now. We are here for you. Hopefully today is a bit better.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Re: Hysterectomy scheduled 4/15, mass on uterine wall and weight loss, scared...everything moving fast

Roshka, I am sorry. Sometimes men act like little boys. But I have news for u my boyfriend was there & he hardly did anything anyway. I was still picking up after him doing the cooking etc. He was there for me in the hospital but when I was in pain he would go out in the hallway. Believe me it's much better to have women with u that understand. Deal with him afterwards cause obviously if he was worth being with he would be there. I have been through it with men. They run get what they want & come back with their tails inbetween there legs. you daughter will help u. While u are waiting to go into surgery just talk to the nurses they will calm u down & when your mouth gets dry ask them for the Lemon sticks to chew on they taste really good they look like a big Q-tip. As time gets closer us Hystersisters will get u through it promise.
Unread 04-13-2014, 10:46 PM

I am a little comfussed did they do a biopsy to see if it was cancer? If not why has anybody bothered to do a biopsy before all of this to find out if it was cancer? I didn't have any mass or anything like that,but due to my symptoms when I went to my gyno so did a biopsy right away. Sadly for me it was cancer and I was then referred to my Gyno oncologist and from there he said surgery.

I understand the fast tracking,but don't get why they didn't bother to do a biopsy first. Forgive me if they did and I just didn't read it that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2014, 10:51 PM

I had a CA125 and it pointed towards ovarian cancer. I had all the signs. My choice was either have my regular dr. the surgery or have a cancer dr.. If I had my regular dr. do the surgery and he found cancer they would have to open me up twice. I opted for a cancer dr. I still went for a TAH, but wouldn't know until my surgery if I had cancer. When I woke up the dr. said I didn't. I thought I was dreaming and didn't believe him. My prayers are with you.
Unread 04-13-2014, 10:52 PM

I second everything all the ladies here have said. Accept all the help you can get! I felt so fortunate to find this site before and after my hysterectomy. It really helped to chat with women who were going through the same things or had gone through them. Above all else, be kind to yourself!

And women really do tend to be better when helping you through this. I had to stay with my mom (I was 29 when I had mine) and believe me, I thought I might be uncomfortable with that but it was great! Men get really uncomfortable if you have to discuss any real details and while I was still doped up, I kept showing everyone my incisions scars so it was nicer to have women around while I was doing that.

So take a deep breath because right now, you can't change anything and you will most likely feel better afterwards.
Unread 04-14-2014, 07:05 AM
Hysterectomy scheduled 4/15, mass on uterine wall and weight loss, scared...everything moving fast

I already new I had uterine cancer before surgery. So I prayed and asked everyone I knew to pray for me. One of the nicest gifts I got was a little tote with pockets. It had a Nook gift card, nail file, thank you notes, lotion, pens...all sorts of things. I kept it next to my recliner. It was convenient since you can't lift anything very heavy. I wore soft knit pants for a couple of weeks because I also had a TAH. My son - in - law cooked up a storm and messaged me everyday. Stay positive...rely on friends and family for what they want to do to help. It also helps them.
Unread 04-14-2014, 09:36 AM

Thinking about you today and hoping you're hanging in there. This will be over before you know it and you'll be on the path to a healthier life. Many hugs heading your way!
Unread 04-14-2014, 03:02 PM
Hysterectomy scheduled 4/15, mass on uterine wall and weight loss, scared...everything moving fast

I also read a lot. Couldn't focus on movies but books really helped. My hubby is not good in the kitchen but was always willing to get something on the days when nothing was brought. Because I was 64, didn't get depressed, just really tired. It has been 8 months and I just started feeling normal again...energy wise. My dr. said it could take up to a year. Everyone is different...surgeries are different so remember it may be different for you. God's blessings to you.
Unread 04-14-2014, 06:18 PM

Hi roshka !
Sorry to hear about all that you are going through right now. Sending (((((((((( hugs & prayers )))))))))) your way. Its normal to feel emotional with everything that's going on - there is always somebody around here if you need a shoulder. I wish you the best of luck with your surgery. After my operation, I spend a few weeks living in yoga pants and t-shirts, watched a lot of movies online (you can watch them for free at
http://www1.zmovie.tw/
Unread 04-14-2014, 07:23 PM

Hi roshka -

Tomorrow is your surgery. I am sending lots of positive HysterSister thoughts your way, and will be thinking of you all day tomorrow.

Let us know the results of your surgery when you feel up to getting back on line.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register