Weird Feeling... anyone else? (may have tmi) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weird Feeling... anyone else? (may have tmi) Weird Feeling... anyone else? (may have tmi)

Unread 02-17-2006, 08:20 AM
Weird Feeling... anyone else? (may have tmi)

Hi there,
I started back to work part time on Wednesday 2/15. An uneventful day as I was in meetings.
Yesterday I filed some paperwork into charts (I run a medical records dept). I was careful how I lifted and I kneeled down instead of bent down, and didn't have any pain at all, except I now have a dull ache in my crotch area and when I go to the bathroom I feel like the vaginal opening is opening up and I actually felt in that area and it feels like there is something bulging (kinda sorta) into the opening... now I know that I don't have anything left inside of the vaginal cavity, but is it possible for the vaginal walls to "sag" or prolapse?

I have put a call in to my Dr's office and I am waiting to hear from them to see what they want me to do. I am suppose to start back to 8 1/2 hour days on Monday the 20th. I am not sure if I am totally ready to do that or not.

Any suggestions or same experiences?

Thanks,
Jill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2006, 09:06 AM

I had exactly your experience. I thought I'd prolapsed, but hadn't. That feeling went on for a while for me and gradually went away. I can't remember when, but by around the 7th week, it wasn't there. It was always more pronounced at the end of the day. I had visons of turning inside out-or my bladder pushing in on the vaginal walls--I was pretty scared. But, it all turned out okay. See what your dr says and I hope all goes well for you.
Unread 02-17-2006, 09:11 AM

You're still early in recovery. It's most likely swelling that is making you feel that way. I would get pretty swollen by the end of the day up to 8 weeks. I thought that I had prolapsed, but not the case. Still take it easy and take ibuprofen for the swelling. Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2006, 11:19 AM

Uuugh- I've had this feeling every day at the end of the day since my husband went back to work. I'm pretty sure it's swelling from being up and around waaaaay too much. It feels really weird, though. Tonnes of pressure as well.

K
Unread 02-17-2006, 02:53 PM

Yep, lots of pressure!
The dr. called back and told me to take it easy this weekend (no problem since we are getting the coldest weather yet this winter this weekend, not to mention all the ice over the past 2 days) and then if I still don't feel right then to call on Monday.
I am sure it will be fine. I will just have to limit what I do at work for awhile yet since I am just beginning to adjust back.
Thanks!
Jill
Unread 02-17-2006, 05:43 PM

Hi Jill
It could just be swelling. Four weeks is pretty early to be back at work. It could also be something more, like a prolapse. If you don't feel a lot better next week please don't hesitate to call your dr back.
Even if its just swelling your body is telling you that you are doing too much. If you can't handle the longer hours I hope you'll cut back and let your body have the time it needs to heal.
Please put your feet up and rest this weekend and let us know how you're doing next week.
's,Rita
Unread 02-17-2006, 06:38 PM

Hope you feel better after lots of rest this weekend with feet up! I just got another 6 weeks off from work. We are lucky here in th Uk as we can have 3 months off if we need it, with pay. I am not in any hurry to get back as I know just normal housework can wear me out right now. Hopefully another six weeks , I will be much further down the road to recovery. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Hugs
Unread 02-17-2006, 06:51 PM

I plan on taking it easy this weekend, and according to my husband he doesn't want me lifting a finger. (thank goodness for that man, without him I don't know what I would do) I have enough annual time built up at work that if I need to cut my hours back I can use them and still get full pay. My dr. also told me that I can call on Monday and ask to stay on part time for awhile longer, I will just need to get documentation from her for work and for my short term disability, unfortunately it only pays 66% of my salary.
Health is more important than full salary right now and I recognize that. I promise I will take care of myself. Only one time to heal right, right!
Thank you to everyone.
Jill
Unread 03-19-2006, 05:20 AM

Thanks for all this info.
I am nearly 6 weeks post op SUB TOTAL ABDO HYST.
I have not gone back to work yet.
I'm a nurse and I can't believe I have been so niave abost my post op recovery.
For the past few days I've felt almost like a tampon has not been put in properly. I even wake up with that feeling, although I can't see anything protruding.
I have felt a 'dragging' sensation for a number of weeks now, at the end of emptying my bladder. Urine test- negative.
Apparently, my bladder is stuck to my cervix (from previous caesarian sections)
I think I just went into my surgery blindly hoping a positive attitude and being fit and healthy would bring me through it.
I am really worried I may have a prolapse, is this a common feeling?
Unread 03-19-2006, 06:21 AM

Emmapeel, I too am a nurse and I really was naive about my recovery time! It's been 4 weeks and I have my post-op check on this Wed. I had uterine ablation in 2003 and was out of work for 1 week so I guess I thought that this would be just as easy! NOT!! I can not even vac one 12x14 room w/out feeling like I've been hit by a truck! Don't see him letting me go back to workthis week! I am in charge of 43 residents in an Assisted Living facility and responsible for med passes on 2 floors...all this w/just 2 aides... and most of our residents are not truly assisted living levels of care. So who knows what my MD will say! I know that I am going nuts being home! I have pressure as well and bladder pain which I believe is just spasm..no symptoms of a UTI...so hopefully.....LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register