Will belly size go down with removal of uterus and fibroids? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Will belly size go down with removal of uterus and fibroids? Will belly size go down with removal of uterus and fibroids?

Unread 09-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Will belly size go down with removal of uterus and fibroids?

I am 4 weeks post op... I had to buy new shorts this summer, 2 sizes bigger than normal to fit my belly and still ended up not being able to button them up for the last month before surgery. Now I can do them up even with my swelling. So I know that my belly is smaller now Hopeful I will be able to get back into my reg size clothes after the swell belly goes away. (Already it is getting way better.)

BEST WISHES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2007, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallaLilly
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate every input. I am 48 and near to menopause which makes the decision hard. When will I get to menopause? When I do will the fibroids shrink? If so how much. I sapose it is vain, but I really don't like the pooch or looking PG

Thanks again everyone!
I was wondering the same thing 7 years ago, had hoped menopause would take over, but decided I was tired of waiting. Thats the big problem, no one can tell you when you will go into menopause or how long it will take to be done with it!! Whoever said it is so wonderful to be a woman??? GOOD LUCK Brenda (52) TVH (Fibroids & Adenomyosis) Kept Ovaries & Tubes
Unread 09-17-2007, 06:03 PM

Obviously, no one knows when you will get to menopause. If you know when your mother had menopause, though, that's supposed to be a good indicator.

I'm 44. At first, we were all thinking I could wait it out. But then I talked to my mother and she was in her mid-50s before menopause -- 10 more years. So now I'm in a situation where NONE of the doctors I've talked to about this think I'll make it 10 more years, but I can't get anyone to schedule a hysterectomy because the bleeding symptom has stopped. The other symptoms, including bladder problems and back pain, are all still there.

I don't understand why we would want to wait until it gets really bad and I'm older and even more worn out with it all before we do something. I'm completely done with my uterus NOW.

I know it's a tough decision, Kalla. I hope you will feel comfortable with whatever decision you make. Keep us posted, okay?
Unread 09-17-2007, 06:58 PM

I'm 53 and theoretically have been in menopause for 2 years. My fibroids are the same size and I have a few new tiny ones. I take Estradiol to control hot flashes and based on family history will need to do so for many years. 3 out of 4 gynos I've seen have told me my fibroids will not shrink as long as I'm taking estrogen. So you should consider whether or not you'll be using HRT when you make your decision regarding a hysterectomy. I was also told by one doc that he sees a number of women whose fibroids didn't shrink even without HRT and those that do tend to happen over several years...i.e. not immediately. I don't have my hysterectomy until Oct. 8, so can't answer the question regarding tummy size. As my uterus is only in the neighborhood of 10-12 weeks, I don't expect my stomach to look any different, if it does it will be a nice bonus. Good luck with your decision, I know how trying it is. One day I'm absolutely certain the hyst. is the answer, the next day I'm waffling.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register