Hysterectomy is scheduled for July 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy is scheduled for July 14 Hysterectomy is scheduled for July 14

Unread 06-13-2015, 05:21 PM
Hysterectomy is scheduled for July 14

Well surgery is scheduled for July 14. I had a few good days and thought do I need it? Today like clockwork my period is almost done and the end of period pain is starting and is a bit brutal. So back to the I am sure decision.

My last mri did not represent adenomyosis but my gyn suspects something is going on. I really trust the opinion and think I am at the point it's worth going through it. I am turning 37 two days after the scheduled surgery and can't imaging waiting until menopause. This journey has been long and I have tried every conservative treatment possible. Also all of my scans this past year mention something on my left ovary. Maybe I'm getting each scan at the right time and catching a normal follicle but my gyn said it my be an endometrioma. Who knows.

So I am scheduled for the robotic assisted surgery. Unsure about the ovaries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2015, 07:47 PM
Re: Hysterectomy is scheduled for July 14

Hi newnewnew -

I am sorry you are going through all of this, and that your journey has been so long. I know there can be back and forth in your mind if you are doing the right thing. Sometimes your body can remind you that maybe you are. Hopefully you can keep your ovaries. That would be good, as you are still young for this surgery.

If you are unsure, you can get other opinions to confirm. This is MAJOR SURGERY, after all. And you do need to weigh the pros and cons of this surgery with your current health condition.

Whatever you decide, it needs to be the right decision for you. We will support you.

Unread 06-21-2015, 03:04 PM

I'm sorta in the same boat but like previous poster said sometimes our body reminds us. I'm having a hard time as well know ING that I will be having the robotic hysterectomy as well on July 1st good luck if you need someone to talk to I am here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2015, 06:56 AM

mandigejuen, good luck with your surgery and thanks for the message.

I feel for women who have pain non-stop all month. I have what I have named the "happy time" which is typically the week to week and a half after the time I most likely ovulate. That's the time where I re-think things. Then the spotting/cramps begin. Then I get it and play the "what is going to happen this month" roulette. Will it be an ER visit? Will I need to deal with this at work or will it wait for the weekend (honestly I have lucked out more on this that you can imagine)? Will I just have a day of being really sick or will it last three days? Then again once it is over I am waiting for the inevitable horrid pain I get when my period comes to an end. It's like I am recovering from battle.

Thanks again for the message!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register