new surgery date | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new surgery date new surgery date

Unread 10-26-2008, 08:58 AM
new surgery date

My OB/GYN had to go Florida because his daughter is pregnant and her water broke on Friday. So, my surgery is not tomorrow but Monday November 17th 2008. Everything happens for a reason so after 32 years of bad periods, I think I can wait three more weeks. Thanks to all the hystersisters for your support and prayers. Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2008, 09:23 AM
new surgery date

(((Melissa))), I'm sorry that your surgery had to be rescheduled but it sounds like you do have a good attitude about it.

We'll be here to share with you for the additional pre-op weeks and of course when you're home recovering from surgery, too.

s
Unread 10-27-2008, 06:31 AM
new surgery date

(((Melissa))), I'm sorry that happened to you
It does sound like you're handling it well. Maybe you can use a bit of the extra time to treat yourself to something that you enjoy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2008, 07:16 AM
Surgery date

This is my surgery date also. I am posting for the first time. I am scared to death. I have never had major surgery and I am 52 years old.
Unread 10-28-2008, 09:57 AM
new surgery date

Hi there Melissa,

So sorry to hear about the delay, but I am really glad that you have such a positive outlook on things--you are in my thoughts & prayers, and I wish you the very best. Please take care & please keep us posted. s

Sincerely, Trish
Unread 10-28-2008, 09:58 AM
new surgery date

Hi there bojeth &

We are very glad to have you here, and I want you to know that we will be here to support you throughout your journey. We are concerned about both your physical health and your emotional well-being, and I know that this is quite an anxious and fearful time for you. I'd like to pass along a link to our pre-op resources, where you will find so very many helpful articles, including ones on fear & anxiety, relaxation techniques, and info for those who have never had surgery:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_pre.htm

Please know that, while anxiety is common before any type of precedure, it is quite understandable and normal in this case. If you feel too terribly overwhelmed, you can talk to your doc about an anti-anxiety med to take in the days before surgery (or sooner). I also wanted to mention that I have turned to aromatherapy and relaxation tapes/CD's in times of stress...eucalyptus is extremely useful, and so is lavender--a splash in the tub, or a spray on the pillow is ever-so nice and soothing. I also like to listen to gentle rain storms or ocean sounds, but perhaps you have some type of peaceful music or other sounds you could listen to.

Please feel free to ask any and all questions that you have before your surgery--you can even start a new thread with your question in the title. Just remember that we are all here for you, and I hope that you will keep us posted. You will be in my thoughts & prayers, and I wish you the absolute best for an uneventful surgery & a speedy recovery.

Sincerely, Trish
Unread 10-29-2008, 04:11 AM
new surgery date

Thank you for the encouragement. I do have a question about a new thread, how do I start one??? I am new at ths.
Unread 10-29-2008, 01:33 PM
new surgery date

Hi again bojeth!

Hope you are doing well today To start a new topic/thread, choose the forum you desire to post in, then look at the lower left corner (below the list of existing posts), and you will see a purple/lavender button that says "new topic." Click on that and you will have a new screen--fill in the title, then type in your post. You may also edit your own post (add info, make a change, correct typos and such)...you will see that option after you have posted. Hope that helps, and we look forward to hearing more from you. I wish you the very best, and please take care.

Sincerely, Trish
Unread 10-30-2008, 01:45 PM
new surgery date

Sorry to hear about the delay. I am still waiting to hear from my doctor's office. He hurt himself a few days before my surgery and it is postponed until they call me. Could be up to a month they said. It has only been a week and 2 days since I was supposed to have surgery and I am getting anxious again. I want to call them to see if they have any better idea, but it really hasn't been that long yet. So, I will play the waiting game. Definitely will have another period before then, yuk!
Unread 10-30-2008, 02:03 PM
new surgery date

(((86gmc ))), (((missmelmo))), (((bojeth))),

My goes out to you. I hope that you ladies hang in there until time for the big day. Take care of yourself and know you are supported through this journey.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register