Blood clot pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Blood clot pain Blood clot pain

Unread 11-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Blood clot pain

hi Ladies,
I am 5 weeks post op today and have been doing really well. The past few days the left side of my incision, where i had a blood clot has been sorer than previous. this side has always been more distended than the other side. I had a drainage tube after my operation. The doctor said i had a blood clot there that should go in time. I see my doctor next fri 28th. Perhaps its just healing but feel a little concerned at the extra pain. Anyone else had blood clots after their op? Thanks x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Blood clot pain

Hi!

Did your doctor call what you have a hematoma by chance? If so, it's really a little more like a blood blister or a bruise.

As you can see by my signature, I had a large abdominal hematoma and I know from experience they are no fun.

As your doctor indicated, most hematomas do resolve by themselves by reabsorbing into your body, sort of like a bruise reabsorbs. However, it can take time for this to happen -- weeks or even months.

It's really important to take it easy during the healing process to give the hematoma as much opportunity to go away. My put me back on lifting restrictions when my hematoma was discovered, and said to any exercise involving the abdominal muscles.

A hematoma can be very painful, so if you're having lots of pain, don't be afraid to ask for some good pain control. I tended to feel my pain more when I needed to go to the bathroom, and it also felt like really bad gas pains sometimes. I was uncomfortable to say the least!

I hope you're feeling much better soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register