6 weeks post hysterectomy rectocele problems? How should I be feeling now between my vagina and rectum?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 weeks post hysterectomy rectocele problems? How should I be feeling now between my vagina and rectum?? 6 weeks post hysterectomy rectocele problems? How should I be feeling now between my vagina and rectum??

Unread 06-07-2014, 06:25 PM
6 weeks post hysterectomy rectocele problems? How should I be feeling now between my vagina and rectum??

My "perineal" area is hard and feels like something is falling out. What should be expected during my recovery when a rectocele repair is done along with a total LAP Hyster?

I had big babies (30 years ago) so I remember the episiotomy. I thought with this surgery, I would feel a lot tighter but instead feel an "open" kind of sensation like anything could fall out of my vagina! If I "over did it", could I have torn stitches inside? My Dr says I am just healing but it just doesn't seem normal to me to have such a large open area around the vagina (discharge flows in small amounts like urine) along with a hard ligament or fiborous lump between my vagina and rectum...Help!!! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2014, 06:50 PM
Re: Does anyone have post Hyster probs with a rectocele rHow should I be feeling at 6 weeks between my vagina and rectum

Hi Iamwell,
I also had the hard lump and it is still like that. And my vaginal opening is very tight. I think these two things cause some pain during intercourse. We are working through it and DH is being great but after almost 5 months I still have pain with each attemp. So maybe the feeling of being loose in the vaginal opening is good wish I felt like that. I also feel the similarity to an episiotomy in the area of my Rectocele repair. My Dr told me he tighten me up a bit and I sure wish he hadn't. I will be watching to see other answers to your questions because maybe what you are noticing at this stage of you recovery is a good thing. Hope the rest of your recovery is good.
Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 06-07-2014, 07:03 PM
Re: Does anyone have post Hyster probs with a rectocele rHow should I be feeling at 6 weeks between my vagina and rectum

Thanks so much..I appreciate your reply!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register