4 weeks after prolapse,A&P repairs TVH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks after prolapse,A&P repairs TVH 4 weeks after prolapse,A&P repairs TVH

Unread 05-03-2006, 09:43 AM
4 weeks after prolapse,A&P repairs TVH

Hi Sisters,I just wanted to hear about how everyones doing.This recovery seems difficult for me.I still hurt. Dr did great work,but I am still feeling vaginal pressure,pain ..He did 50 stiches just to tighten the opening . Bladder gets painful,bm are ok. I still have that prolapse pain and pressure. I am still healing,I want to take a bath so bad... sithz bath helps but not the same.. I can't even think about sex yet,,I feel so raw still..hows everyone else doing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2006, 11:35 AM

I feel the same exact way you do.Stinks.I think it was a rough surgery for me too.I have had several surgeries and I would have to say this one was the worst on me.I am just so tired all the time.It just doesn't feel right in my vaginal area yet.I am hoping soon I will be back to my normal self.
Unread 05-03-2006, 11:46 AM

Hi Fab 45 and Thread,
I can feel for both of you too. I just haven't felt right in the vaginal area yet either and sex? Definitely not yet. My surgery was March 21st and I had my six week check today. Stitches in cuff area still not totally healed up but doing fine, just a bit of drainage. I have been running a low grade temp for a few days and have a slight infection so was put back on doxicycline. The stitches from the A&P repair and perenium repair are not dissolved yet and dr. said it would take awhile. He said there was thickening around the stitches going up my vagina from the A&P Repair and put me on Permarin Estrogen Cream to help healing and soften tissue. Do you know if this works? I was put on sex restriction and lifting too much for another two weeks and he will reevaluate then. Hope you two heal up quickly. Keep in touch.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register