groin pain - how common? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

groin pain - how common? groin pain - how common?

Unread 05-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Re: groin pain - how common?

Same for me - it seemed much worse at week 4 than before. Lower left hand side especially first thing in the morning. I suspected as I was sleeping a bit better I was moving in my sleep.

The good news is that towards the end of week 5 it disappeared overnight! This coincided with the fact that I suddenly started walking a lot faster than my previous very slow pace with no discomfort which was a real surprise.

So I think it is all just a matter of time. At one point I never thought it would happen but it does! Don't forget the dissolving stitches may have something to do with it too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2010, 08:33 PM

i am 4 weks post and my pain moves sometimes it is in the groin other times below the knee. glad to here others have this problem. i was having anxioty over this thinking something was wrong
Unread 05-27-2010, 08:45 PM

I had groin pain and right-sided pelvic pain around the 5 week time frame. I believe mine was due to ovulating as I still have my ovaries. My groin pain only lasted about 2-3 days. Just a possibility for all of this groin pain for those that kept their ovaries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2010, 10:54 PM

Thanks ladies for all your replies

My pain is is not relieved by pain relief and is so bad it really restricts my movements.

I have a appointment today so will let you know what he says.
Unread 05-27-2010, 11:22 PM

I had horrible groin pain on the right mainly for about a week or so. I found that a small ice pack for 15 minutes every hour when it was at it's worst helped best. And I did it, I think, 3 days in a row to really ease those muscles. I tried heat too, but didn't work as well for me.
Heat on the belly is great, but not on the groin for me.
Oh and laughing really hard made it worse! Pulls the wrong muscles I guess. I was just trying to lighten my boring recovery....didn't work.
Hope you get a handle on your pain soon!!!
Unread 05-29-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiluj View Post
Thanks ladies for all your replies

My pain is is not relieved by pain relief and is so bad it really restricts my movements.

I have a appointment today so will let you know what he says.
Hope everything went well yesterday. Let us know what your Dr. said!
Unread 05-30-2010, 03:55 AM

Doc said it's s extra strong stitch they put at either end of the incision to hold the whole thing together, apparently it is designed to last 2 months and can knot and cause pain as it gradually starts to break down, doc said heat and ibruphen gel will help. Funny how mine has got so much better last few days and I now feel I can start to get more
mobile now, I walked aittle further at the mall but boy was it hard work!!!
Unread 05-31-2010, 12:54 AM

15 days after surgery I felt (for the first time) a burning, sharp groin pain on the left & I have it since when I turn in bed or get down from it and when I cough. It was frightening & the only real comfort I found was from all of you who have the same problem & share your experience. My doctor told me it was nothing, which was not at all reassuring. It is weird nothing occurred for the first two weeks. Is it because the problem was masked by the late effect of anaesthesia? I can stand the pain (pain killers don't help much) but the perspective of an irrevocably damaged nerve is hard to endure.
Unread 05-31-2010, 01:03 AM

Ye, it is very strange and also frightening. Mine only lasted a few days then completely disappeared. Have had nothing like it since and in fact, after it went away, I have felt much better.

All it takes is time and not overdoing anything.
Unread 05-31-2010, 12:02 PM

So glad I saw this post. I'm at 2 weeks since surgery and the pain you're all describing is starting for me (about 2 days now). Instead of getting better it's getting worse, and worried me, but now reading this has made me realize it must be normal. And for me I think I've been doing too much -- felt better so started doing more around the house. Bad idea... Feel like I'm back to square one! Thankful for this board and all the support.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register