Bladder started leaking 3 wks 4 days after surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder started leaking 3 wks 4 days after surgery Bladder started leaking 3 wks 4 days after surgery

Unread 10-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Bladder started leaking 3 wks 4 days after surgery

I thought everything was going good swelling was even going down then Sunday for some reason when I stand for more than about 10 mins or so I can feel the urine drip out. I dont loose any when coughing or sneezing just standing up. Went to imaging clinic for mamogram today and filled a maxie pad before I was done. Also felt urge b4 got up this morning and didn't quite make it to bathroom. Anyone else have this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2007, 06:34 PM

I have experienced the same thing, although I honestly do not know at what point I noticed it. I remember my doc telling me all kinds of things were different, loose for awhile. Maybe ask your doctor what's up. Good luck!
Unread 10-01-2007, 08:09 PM

Texas Lady--

I am so sorry you are having this problem. Often having a hysterectomy can seem to bring other problems to light that weren't there before. Sometimes it's just a temporary problem that goes away on its own.

My first doctor told me that the bladder is a very touchy organ that does NOT like being bothered. If it's been 'messed with', it can take awhile to settle back down and return to normal.

I 2nd the idea put forth by MissBug to ask your Dr. about it. You can't go too far wrong getting your professional's advice about it and perhaps s/he will have some very helpful things to tell you.

Sending some +++ thoughts and extra good vibes.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2007, 09:48 PM

Yeah I plan to ask her, I have my 4 wk ckup wed. hoping she will say its somethin simple like bladder infection but doubt that since no fever.
Unread 10-03-2007, 08:56 PM

Just wanted to update yall went to 4wk ck up today and she sent me directly to urologist he put this light up my pee-pee(TMI) said he found what looked like very small pin hole fistula that will probably heal on its own and slight UTI. painful to pee now not before that test. Everything else was good Dr. gave OK to drive
Unread 10-04-2007, 04:40 AM

Ouch! Many, MANY {{{HUGS}}} to you.

Did the urologist say how long he thought it would take the fistula to heal? Are you also going to be on antibiotics during the process? Have you been told to use premarin cream or some other vaginal estrogen to help with tissue healing?

I am curious because over on the Pelvic Floor & Bladder Issues board, we do have several ladies that have dealt with fistulas and other vaginal healing issues. I haven't yet heard of the 'leave it completely alone' method. Sometimes, women are put on catheters to let the urine bypass the vagina and thus give the fistula another chance to heal. Often the women undergo surgery to correct them (I know many of the fistulas have been fairly large). If you'd like to read about it, you can do a search for their stories by typing in "fistula" on the search button on the purple bar at the top of this page. You'll find lots of info.

Wishing you the very best and plenty of extra healing vibes.......
Unread 10-04-2007, 07:06 AM

Uro dr said he was going to talk to GYN about giving me estrogen cream and yes he gave me a 10 day antibotic for slight infection.
Unread 10-04-2007, 10:30 AM

I do hope it all means you are on the road to recovery and comfort. Hang in there!
Unread 10-04-2007, 01:56 PM
My doctor said it was the UTI that caused problem

Hi Texas Lady,

I can relate. They did all sorts of catheter's to see if I ahd a fistula. I did not so they want me to do Keigel exercises and drink plenty of fluid and be patient and let my body heal.

I think I was freaking so much more over the weekend when of course this happened.

I also feel much more pain now because of the different catheter's and such. I came home with straight catheter's too if I cannot pee. But my problem is peeing when I do not want to!

Big s to you
Sallie
Unread 10-04-2007, 03:18 PM

Hugs Texas Lady!! I hope that it heals for you quickly.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register