I feel like a fraud! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I feel like a fraud! I feel like a fraud!

Unread 06-12-2002, 07:53 PM
Miraculous Disappearing Pain

That Miraculous Disappearing Pain ........ I did that too!
Kept poking at my self and asking the DH to see if the
pelvic swelling was still there next to my pubic bone.
Called all my friends and said... you think it's all in my head?
They said no, it's a pelvic thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2002, 10:30 PM
I feel like a fraud!

I thought I was the only one with the disappearing pain & bleeding that seemed to decrease as soon as I made the decision to have the hysterectomy. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Becky
Unread 06-12-2002, 10:42 PM
I feel like a fraud!

I agree you don't sound like a fraud to me. I am amazed though- it seems that my pain has been better this past week! I've even made the comment to friends- maybe I don't need this after all.

But, I agree if I cancelled the pain would be back with a vengance! Probably will be here any day since I'm getting close to ovulating.

Keep your chin up remember to think positive thoughts. Hard to do I know. If you really feel that this is the best option for you you will be so much happier in the long run.

Think no more periods, no more pain, no more pain during sex...
3 pretty good reasons for me!
Unread 06-13-2002, 09:47 AM
miraculous disappearing pain

I smiled when I read the post about asking DH to check the swelling around the pubic bone, to make sure it was still there...I do that all the time! More interesting though, is you appear to have the same symptoms as me. What was your diagnosis?

I was so nervous to admit to the general surgeon that the "pain" was back, after everything he had done (appendectomy, removal of adhesions, colonoscopy...) I thought he would think I was a nutcase. I even went as far as believing I was suffering from "phantom pain" like amputees have, after the limb has been severed....
He was very kind, though and said he believed me and he would do everything he could to get me "fixed"...even going as far as writing a very strong letter to gyn doc, pointing out that he felt a hysterectomy was absolutely necessary.

Although I've made my mind up to go through with it, I'm starting to have doubts regarding the post-op recovery. I had no idea that one was not supposed to do anything for so long.
I've had 4 surgeries in the last 3 months and each time I've been allowed to come home the same day (even after the appendectomy)
Although I love my DH, he seems to view me as superwoman and each time he has brought me home from the hospital(I guess I should feel lucky he gave me a ride and didn't expect me to walk!) and basically has gone off to bed and left me to get on with it (he starts work at 2am, so needs to get to bed early)
We've been lucky in that I've been able to schedule each op on his day off, so he hasn't had to lose any time at work and I also have a 14 year old son who helps a little. However, 3 out of 4 of the times, it just happened that all three children fell ill the day before my surgeries.
How do I make my husband realise that I really can't be cooking dinner, changing the baby etc etc . as soon as I walk in the door?

I wish they could make my DH sign some legal and binding statement upon discharge from the hospital, that makes it absolutely against the law for his wife to do anything for the first few weeks! Then maybe he would understand...especially if he thought he might get arrested for neglect!

On a serious note, is the recovery time a lot quicker if one has a hyst laparoscopically (?) ? Is that even an option?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register