Hello, I'm 29 and having a hysterectomy tuesday. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hello, I'm 29 and having a hysterectomy tuesday. Hello, I'm 29 and having a hysterectomy tuesday.

Unread 05-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Hello, I'm 29 and having a hysterectomy tuesday.

Just my experience:

Before surgery, I'd say I had a pretty average libido that rose and fell w/ my cycle. At about 3 wks post op, my horomones went NUTZ and I was thinking about sex almost all the time, but of course that was way too early after a TAH (kept ovaries so maybe that's helped too). Today I had my 5 wk exam and have a "no go" from the Dr, but my libido seems to be back to "normal". In my case, it's my DH that seems to be full of nerves in that he said to me after my appt, "Good, cuz I wasn't ready yet!" LOL I think he thinks that after I get the OK I'm going to pounce on him!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2006, 05:56 PM

Hi. Mine is Tues too. OH MY GOSH!!!

Tell him to stop listening to them. (it's probably men telling him that too, huh. If it is men, they are probably just messing with him for their entertainment.) Send him here. There was even a sister recently that had a lovely dream with a suprise (hint hint) She is around 1-2 weeks post op, if I remember correctly. I can't remember who it is or I'd send you to the post.

This is...was (I'm not worried about it now) one of my fears too. But since talking to a close friend recently I feel much better. He said his ex had a hyst & I should trust him that I won't lose the ability to enjoy sex. I didn't ask him to elaborate, lol. I keep hearing that sex has been better after the surgery. And I just found out my close friend's sister had one & she is a horn dog, lemme tell ya. (Her hot fireman husband wasn't enough for her appetite, she had to find something on the side too, lol. Not condoning it, just pointing out that hyst does not = no libido.)
Unread 05-25-2006, 06:25 PM

I had to have my hyst when I was 25. My sex life has not been affected. I kept my ovaries and had the LAVH.

However, we have an entire forum dedictate to sexual dysfunction. It is a very real side affect of having a hyst. Often there are issues because of hormonal imbalances. This can be because the ovaries were removed and the right hormone balance has not been found. It can also be because the ovaries were not removed but they are not functioning properly. Or it can be to nerve damage during the hyst. Or a whole host of other reasons.

As you can see by your responses, many of us have not had issues. But that is not a guarantee. Do know that there can be issues with intimacy after a hyst. Some of them can be be treatmented with time and patients though. All the pros and cons to having a hyst needed to be weighed carefully before having this major, irreversible surgery.

For me, it was the right and best decision I could make, and I have no regrets. However, we do have ladies on the site who regret their hysts very much. And I will add that I have never really had a high sex drive, but I have been able to deal with it via my mind and my heart as others have mentioned. But I had dealt with that prior to my hyst, it was not a new concern.

Also, you mention you are wanting to get rid of a lot of pain. Many ladies who have suffered tremendous pain prior to their hysts often find that their sex life is better because the pain is gone.

Best wishes to you and for asking questions prior to your surgery. The more informed you are, the more able you will be to make the right decision for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2006, 06:53 PM

I'M ON THE 30th AS WELL!!! Just on this post, that makes four of us. WOW!! I had my pre-op today and I'm ready. But we did discuse just what you are worried about. DD says everyone is differant, but hopefully if I get to keep my overies it will help. I wish all the 30th sisters well wishes on having a smooth surgery and quick recovery. Do you have everything ready??
5 Days and counting!!!
Debbie
Unread 05-25-2006, 08:35 PM

I would like to thank everyone for their support, advice, and good wishes. It's good to know there are people who have the same concerns. It really helped to ease my mind a lot. Hope everything goes well for everyones upcoming surgery's and I hope the one's who have had surgery already have a speedy recovery.
Unread 05-25-2006, 08:45 PM

I want to thank you for replying I also find it helpful that there is someone out there with the same concerns I have. I will be thinking and praying for you with your surgery and recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register