New girl 2 days post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New girl 2 days post op New girl 2 days post op

Unread 01-10-2008, 10:15 PM
New girl 2 days post op

Hello, 2 days post op. and new to all of this,and this site. Just looking for wisdom and a few laughs, info along the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2008, 11:10 PM
New girl 2 days post op

Welcome. There is a lot of info here. It's a great site. Take it easy and get lots of rest. It's easy to overdo it if you are feeling good. Sadly, I didn't have that issue....I was still in quite a pain-med fog on day 2, LOL! But that's over and each day I feel better than the day before.
Unread 01-10-2008, 11:37 PM
New girl 2 days post op

Glad to hear it gets better every day. I had my LAVH yesterday and between the gas and the pain of the work he did to fix things below I'm hurting. And to think, I was worried about anesthesia!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2008, 03:27 AM
Paim and gas I have, sleep I want

Doc had to up my pain meds yesterday. I could not get any relief. I still cant find a postion to sleep in. I sleep about 2 hours and wake in pain , back, belly,shoulders. I had a 15x10 cm fibroid nicknamed{the cantalope} on my uterus he was able to leave my ovaries thank god I m only 30. Any sug. on sleeping.
Unread 01-11-2008, 05:44 AM
New girl 2 days post op

Welcome and glad you found the site. rest up and do get beter. nice movies are helpful to pass the time and keep you resting
hugs
lisa
Unread 01-11-2008, 06:30 AM
New girl 2 days post op

Welcome home Ladies! Be kind to yourself & take all the rest & spoiling you can. As far as sleeping advice...I used lots of pillows & folded towels to pad all the spaces around me! I also had to give up the prescribed pain meds as the codiene & caffiene were keeping me awake. My Dr. switched me to regular Tylenol & Ibuprophen. I was able to sleep better. But you should follow your Dr. advice. Napping in a reclining chair was also very helpful. One thing, as sore as it is to walk straight, try really hard to keep aligned, otherwise your back will be very sore.
The gas pains are rough and there is only one way out!! Make sure you are drinking lots of water.
Hugs to all.
Unread 01-11-2008, 07:37 AM
New girl 2 days post op

Glad to hear that your surgery went well. I slept propped up (slightly) on my back with lots of pillows. If you have small animals that like your lap...put a bed pillow on your tummy so they can't touch your incision (if you have one). You'll be very glad that you did! I took demerol for the pain after I left the hospital and 800 mg of ibuprofen. Just a caution to you...don't let yourself got constipated!! Hope your recovery goes well!!
Unread 01-11-2008, 07:39 AM
New girl 2 days post op

Welcome!

The gas is an awful but common result of surgery. Drink lots of water. Getting up and walking gingerly around the house may help get that gas moving. It does go away. You may experience constipation. Take advantage of rest and let people wait on you. Stay in your jammies. Once you start getting dressed everyone starts to think you can do more on your own. You will have good days and bad. You will feel absolutely wonderful for a day or two and then you may feel like your starting over. BUT the silver lining is you will slowly return to normal, probably better than normal, and you will be so glad you did this. Take care, rest, rest , rest!
Unread 01-11-2008, 09:54 AM
New girl 2 days post op

Gas X may help some of your gas pains - it did help me. I also used a stool softener to keep me from getting constipated.
As far as sleeping, I used lots of pillows and things to prop me up. I had a hard time sleeping on my back for the first week, since I'm a side-sleeper. But once I was able to lay on my side a little bit (with a pillow under my belly), I slept a bit better. Warm milk does help - and a nice warm bath (once you are released for bathes, of course).
One fun story - a friend who had her hyster years ago loaned me her stuffed Eeyore! He was great to protect my tummy from my cats jumping into my lap! The cats did come to despise him, however - one of them took to taking swipes at him to try and displace him from her usual spot on my lap. They were happy when he left the house and returned to his rightful owner.
Unread 01-11-2008, 11:58 PM
New girl 2 days post op

Pillows, pillows, pillows! Behind your back, under your arms, under your knees, and over your belly! It's hard to sleep the first few nights if you have more pain, cause you have to get up to take meds to feel better, or pee. Be very careful you don't get constipated with the upped meds, I can tell from experience that's a whole lot worse than the gas. OTC softeners, or something that is gentle your doc or pharmacist can recomend that won't cause more gas! Oh, and laughing hurts!
kwinner

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register