Scheduled but thinking of cancelling - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scheduled but thinking of cancelling Scheduled but thinking of cancelling

Unread 05-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Scheduled but thinking of cancelling

westside, it's good to hear from you. You sound a little more comforted (and so does hubby) so that makes me happy. Thanks for calling us "smart," too. That makes our day!

When you get the opinions you need, get back on here and let us know. We'd like to support you and answer questions.

As far the pool question goes, my experience was 5 weeks post-op. That's when my doctor cleared me for baths, and sex...pretty much let me loose, except to lift heavy weights or anything. She told me to wait 6 weeks for that, but I'm still so scared I haven't done it. But 5 days after she told me I could take a bath, we all went to the swimming pool and had a nice afternoon. Even though my belly was swollen, it felt nice to get in the pool and do a "normal" activity. Because recovering starts to feel so isolated and not normal.

Oh and the only swelling I've had was the day after surgery in the hospital. My fingers were swollen really bad, but they soon went down. I think it was an IV thing. My legs and feet were fine then, and they've been fine. I think it's one of those things that you either have trouble with or you don't...and we all hope you don't!

Take care of yourself and take time to LISTEN TO YOUR HEART. This is an important decision and we want you to make the right one, the one that will make you happy and healthy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2007, 04:56 AM

You should be able to get in the pool after your incision is healed -probably in about 2 to 3 weeks. Is it a private pool or public? That would make a difference as you would know who has been in the pool (kids tend to leave "prizes" that carry lots of bacteria)
I used Fu Kang for a while - it is a chinese herb product that controls menopause syptoms - and it worked for me.

Mary Beth
Unread 05-19-2007, 08:23 PM

Hello again. I have postponed surgery for now. A vascular surgeon thought that I should investigate the probable ovarian varicosities that I have first. So, I will go have a venous catheterization sometime soon. If that doesn't help with the chronic pain, I will be re-scheduling the hysterectomy. I am feeling better after starting back on the bioidenticals for progesterone and testosterone as well as trying some thyroid support supplements. For some reason, the hormones take the edge off of the pelvic pain. Thanks for all of the answers that you sent me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2007, 08:23 AM

hi...I had my surgery last July after cancelling it once, almost three years before that. If I had known how much better i would feel and look afterwards, I NEVER would have cancelled. My surgeon did a wonderful job. My recovery was completely uneventful, I was given permission to drive after a week and full privileges for everything after four weeks. I also dealt with the fear and the worry beforehand. Looking back, I am confident my decision was the right one.

BTW, I was 56 at the time of surgery. I had heavy bleeding a huge fibroiods for years. You won't be sorry. All the best to you.
Unread 05-20-2007, 09:30 AM

Well, I kept one ovary and I too am 42 years old. You know you have to go with your gut. You live the way you are living or do something about it. Yes, it make take awhile to get on the right hormones, but from all the women I know who had ovaries removed...they'd do it all over again. You will feel so much better to have it over and done with. And you could not hit menopause for another 10 years. Do you want to live like you are now for that much longer?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register