9 days post op/pain question (LSH) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 days post op/pain question (LSH) 9 days post op/pain question (LSH)

Unread 04-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Re: 9 days post op/pain question (LSH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by havefaith09 View Post
I was feeling really good just taking ibuprophen for pain the last 4 or 5 days, so I started back to doing my household chores, vacuuming, laundry, cooking, ect. but no heavy lifting. Last night the pain was worse than ever, it kind of felt like a pinching pain in my abdomen. I've felt that pain before like when I sit up for straight up for very long. I'm just wondering if maybe I just overdid it yesterday. I hope I didn't damage anything. Any thoughts, anyone?? Jamie

Ya think you overdid??? lol Did you see this site's checkpoints (can either do a search or sign up in your profile options to get them in your email.) They helped me a lot. Folding laundry is okay on the list, but no bending to put in and no lifting the basket and definitely no vaccuming yet. Check it out, it will help you avoid further pain.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2009, 09:40 PM

My mother had a lavh last year. I just had one on the 2nd. I keep telling her I'm not having pain at all. She keeps telling me not to freak out when in the next week or so I feel like i did after the first round of pain meds were off after surgery. It is something that happens often. Of course, if you are just doing too much that could happen too!! I have been doing laundry since the day after I got home so I'm not one to give advice about chilling out!! Hope you get better soon!!
Unread 04-13-2009, 09:00 AM

I was told not to vacuum until after my 6 week appointment. It sounds like you just over did it. Take it easy because you do not want to cause adhesions. Best wishes.
Unread 04-13-2009, 07:53 PM

Amen on the adhesion warning. You can search "adhesions" on this site for this site's article on it.

Hang in there,

Unread 04-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Re: is your husband as usless as mine?

Let me start by saying that I love my dh very much,but he doesn't know which end of the broom to use when sweeping the floor.As a matter of fact, he hasn't swept anything. I am 7 days post op LAVTH. I have two young boys and I am getting to the point at which I want to get up and do the dishes the right way. I want to pick up the dirty clothes and do the laundry. I want to clean the bathroom with bleach. My DH just can'tsee the need to clean up He says it willjust get dirty again. I don't have the energy to argue with him and my kids are to young to understand what I am saying. (or maybe they are just that smart.Maybe they are learning that if daddy acts like he can't do it, he doesn't have to.) How do I get my house back in order and recover?
Unread 04-16-2009, 08:55 AM

Hire a Maid. The cost will teach him.

Call Mom-in-law!

Call Mom: comfort:

Deal with it. Trust me, as much as it is killing you to look at it and it drives you crazy. Another trip to the hospital or surgery and those cost are just not worth the price. You will be able to do it soon. If you can get him to do the laundry you can fold and a little at a time put away. This seems to make them help with at least that part. But sweeping, mopping, vaccuming. F O R G E T I T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will just need to wait. My DH was great with the dishes, so can not complain there. He is about at the end of his rope and I am at 4 weeks. They are such babies.

My DH uses the excuse they just get dirty again too. Works for me, then I will stop doing laundry anymore, since they will just get dirty again too. What a stupid agurement!; and they call us dumb. GEEZ
Unread 04-16-2009, 09:10 AM

I would call in a family memeber. If not I agree, just forget it. It will still be there when you are able to clean & I even learned it doesn't hurt anything even though it is hard to look at. Best wishes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register