tired of waiting - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

tired of waiting tired of waiting

Unread 03-30-2005, 01:37 PM
tired of waiting

I just had to reply again, it only gets funnier and funnier:

Finally got a maybe date on the surgery - they are talking like June 6th. This way I get to experience the full benefit of agonizing over it. Now I have nothing planned until Sept. when my daughter starts school. The only thing going is 6/7 is Josh's birthday, 6/10 is my anniversary, and usually the first or second Sat. in June is the community garage sale day that I look forward to all year long. So they want to do my surgery that week. We'll know for sure on Mon. because the gal was going to see if she could either move it up of move it out, but the Dr. is out of town until Monday. Did you ever wonder if you are stuck in a Laurel and Hardy movie or maybe this is a Lucielle Ball episode...ya ya I think I saw this one!

These Drs. are just too funny. So just when you think the wait is over, they pull another date out of their hat, but wait..wait there is more "You've been cancled" No No wait what's behind door number three - your ins. has denied you.

But wait wait there is more by the time we get you in for your hysterectomy, well we'll fix your ulcer too. - (but will insurance cover it?)

Stay tuned next week - Will she get her hysterectomy?

If it weren't so funny, I'd cry . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2005, 07:12 PM
LIW - grrrrrrrr(s) :)

some 'colorful highlights' if you're tired of waiting - etc. it really does help to know we're not crazy! and so many other LIW feel like we do. thanks girls! i had a better day today - and youve all helped!

is beautiful the sun is out and I feel like crap!!!!

technicalities of just getting a date, by that time your ready to just go in at gun point and drag a surgeon out. (I would never do it, but a gal can dream).

Today, I awoke at 5 00 a.m. by the incredible pain in my back, which has now spread to my right side, after having a percocett breakfast. OUCH

This waiting is a real obsessive experience for me, I try and keep busy but with feeling so lousy it always comes to the front of my thought train.

I have waited up till 4 months ago, of my own accord. Then, when I decided I could not wait any longer, I waited some more.

I am scared about the possabilitys of becoming addicted to all the meds

I am having a bad day today alot of pain and i am soo tired I phoned the hospital yesterday to ask about cancellations and was told i wasnt put on the waiting list

the sleepless nights and the pain and he gave me tablets to help me sleep so i got tablets to sleep, tablets to help pain and syrup to make me go to the toilet grrrrr i hate all this i just wish it was all over and done with

My husband is very understanding but I think even he doesn't totally get it.

yes. yes. yes. yes. yes. yes. yes. yes. yes. !!!!!!!!
Unread 03-30-2005, 07:35 PM
tired of waiting

Hi,
I am also very glad for this thread because no one else seems to understand what it means to wait for something like this.(hyster) Even if they try to understand they really don't. I am "crazy" for letting this get to me so bad, they say. All it is is a cancellation, like a dinner reservation. You can always do it again. One even said "Oh, we all have tumors, you don't need them out." Well meaning people trying to "cheer me up" I understand that they have no idea what I am going through and I would not wish any of them to go through it. That is why I am not saying a lot to people because they may say something I don't like and I may say something they don't like. I know that they are only trying to help but sometimes I wish they wouldn't try so hard. Ya know what I mean? I try to be as nice as I can but sometimes I want to just pull a blanket over my head until it is all over. Life goes on but I feel like I'm not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2005, 08:02 PM
tired of waiting

I was kinda 'short' with my neighbor last night who started telling me a hyster horror story about her friend- (i'm not going to type what she said) and i know she was just trying to empathize in someway, but some of those "stories' people share kinda weigh on my mind later & contribute to the uneasiness.

I have actually wondered how many more i'll hafta hear in 5 weeks - i try not to talk about it much to acquaintances/ neighbors etc anyway because of this but live in a small town where ev.1 knows ev1. part is of the waiting i guess.
Unread 03-31-2005, 08:02 AM
hiya everyone

I am feeling better today and can i say the message from jnnfr made me laugh its good to know I am not alone thankyou fro this wonderful site and keep up the good work
Unread 03-31-2005, 08:33 AM
tired of waiting

I'm having issues with the waiting, too. One day I'm happy that I finally know the cause of my symptoms and can finally do something about it and the next day I'm feeling fat and ugly and just want it over with.

All this waiting has just given me more time to read and frankly, some of the stuff I've been reading is scaring the beejezus out of me. Increased risk of cardiovascular problems (I already have high bp), reduced libido, dryness, etc. Ugh !

I'm on my period now and my tummy looks very pregnant and my back hurts alot. Hubby is no help - it's like he didn't listen to anything I"ve told him about this fibroid. Yesterday, I made a comment about how I'm going to be glad to get rid of this big belly after the surgery and he said.. "having surgery isn't going to get rid of all that fat"... I just wanted to cry.

He seems to think that this isn't such a big deal and that I"m overreacting about the post op time.

C'mon July !
Unread 03-31-2005, 12:36 PM
tired of waiting

Hiya VegasGal sorry to hear your hubby isnt being nice to you about your op. I have been the same reading about what can happen after the op I just keep focused on getting the op and having a better life than the one i have now full of pain and feeling miserable most of the time. If you need someone to talk to feel free to email me or pm me I am online most days so i will get your message. Keep your chin up and dont let anyone get you down. from shiona
Unread 03-31-2005, 01:13 PM
I know how you feel

My sugery is on April 21,2005. It'll be a six month wait for me.......I've been thinking and thinking and thinking about it...I hope everyone is right when they say the waiting is the hardest part.

I'm a little scared...Yet kind of excited that this will fix years of problems and make me feel like a new Woman.

I've been lurking lots here and I just want to say thanks to everyone for all the advice....etc.....
Unread 03-31-2005, 04:04 PM
dh should pick on someone his own size

vegas gal,

I'm sorry to read your are stressing on belly fat that seems to bother your husband. From what I've read it is just about impossible to loose ab flab when plagued with uterine problems. I've been an athlete my whole life, and have bent the genetic rules in my family leaving most with 100lb bellies, but I still pack a little ab flab no matter how much I'm dieting or running. I have not been able to loose an ounce since my fibroids started rampaging even though I lift heavy weights, do an moderate intensity yoga/pilates program daily (can't do the advanced work due to my large uterus) and run 20 fast paced miles a week. On top of that I also chopped 500 calories from my diet daily, months ago and am still the same weight with a fatter tummy but in mighty good fitness considering what I'm battling daily. It really saddens me to read your hubby's comment, for abdominal fat is mighty stubborn and there is something sacred in womens bellies I find. Queerly and then again, there is always liposuction. It does work where diet and exercise fail, and maybe your hubby would pony up the money, since he's so bothered by a few pounds. Course I wouldn't take that on for any man, BUT if I thought it would help me feel more comfortable (I don't find ab flab is always too comfortable) give me something positive to look forward to with my TAH/BSO instead of dwelling on the potential negatives I would. If I thought it would encourage me to keep exercising and make moves toward health I would. These are the reasons I am going to have them zap the belly fat with my surgery and hope I don't live to regret it (though I do imagine the first couple weeks will be a bit rougher-but at least I'll be gaining a waistline, and loosing a major problem from it). Tell your hubby to pick on someone his own size! I'm sure you've got enough to deal with as we all do who are writing here. Love Noom with the chubby waist and huge uterus! That's me you see running with the back belt on, holding my belly like a baby-which I wish it were. Oh well, life's not on our terms.
Unread 03-31-2005, 04:38 PM
tired of waiting

Thank you noom for your nice comments.... he can be such an ***** sometimes. At least I will have my mother and my 16 year old daughter to help me during recovery.

Dang.. how big is your uterus? Mine is only 15 weeks and i hate it.

It's depressing to think how hard it is to get rid of ab flab... I want to be sexy again !!

So you're having lipo during your hysterectomy? How in the world did you get the doctor to do that?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register