6 week release 4 work but had another surgery instead | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 week release 4 work but had another surgery instead 6 week release 4 work but had another surgery instead

Unread 07-03-2005, 08:10 AM
6 week release 4 work but had another surgery instead

Sorry, this is kinda long and may be TMI but I just now am able to sit at computer and needed to release. You sisters are so great!

I got released for work on June 21 to go back Monday June 27. Well on Wed 22 I started gathering things for a 3 day yard sale. I had been a good princess all 6 weeks, no heavy lifting of any kind, rested through-out the day, etc... (I had had problems 2 weeks post op with hemmorhoids because of having to "go" all the time but dr rx'd proctofoam and all was fine.) Wed evening "hem" showed up again. I had not lifted anything too heavy but did lift alot of stuff. Thursday after my yard sale my boss called me in for 1-1/2 hrs (30 miles one way) to do work for a girl who took the day off and only lived 10 miles away. OK, it was her birthday and she deserved the day off, but still more people need to be cross-trained than me. Anyway, I used more proctofoam but by Sat evening ended up in ER due to severe pain that would not go away. I had a hemmorhoidectomy on Sunday 26. Dr said this is a severely painful op and not to be afraid to ask for pain meds. I have to admit the demoral and morphine was very nice. I got out on Tuesday with Loritab. I would go through the hyst pain any day to have kept from this kind of pain. So now I have to drink a two tablespoon of each metimucel/mineral oil cocktail 4 times a day! Just to keep things (sorry for TMI) "smooth and free flowing". I don't know how long I'll have to take my cocktail.

I go for my check up Tues 5th to remove stitches. I don't know when I will get to go back to work because dr said it could be 2-3 weeks. (Boss is going to love that. No more doing favors for awhile.)

Dr told me if they come back he can do another kind of op to remove the internal ones before they become external and I won't have anymore. He said that particular op is less painful than this one. So since he was already there why couldn't he have done it then?

Anyway, thank you all for listening and letting me vent.

New Princesses..... word of caution......... please don't get carried away and try to do too much when you do get your release. You are still healing even though you feel better than you ever did. Especially if you're prone to hemmorhoids. For me this pain was much worse than my two c-sections, appendectomy or hyst pain put all together.

Good Luck to all, Happy Healing and HUGS to all.

Sheila
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2005, 08:26 AM

Sholow,
I so know what you are going thru. I have not had my hyst yet (aug. 15) but about 9 years ago I had a hemmeroidectomy and fissurectomy at the same time. I can only say that I agree with you 110% that is is 10 times worse than childbirth. I am very worried that I will have trouble in this area after surgery so I am going to be very well prepared. I had this surgery because of terrible constipation and ended up ripping my insides as well as outside. Oh my, was it bad. Anyway, just thought that I would let you know that you are not the only one out there! Hope that you have a successful healing process. After my surgery, I found that soaking in hot baths helped after trying to have a bowel movement after surgery. You would have never thunk that having a bowel movement could be so unbelievably stressful.

Daisy
Unread 07-03-2005, 08:47 AM

Thanks....
Hope all goes well for you 8/15. Remember to do nothing but rest during your recovery! and when you get the ok to return to work (if you work outside the home or very physical inside the home) to be extremely careful and only increase activity slowly. I don't know why I thought I had to have a yard sale. Just because my house was getting on my nerves, I felt better than ever before and my dr said I could go back to work. I guess I thought now would be a good time to "spring" I mean "summer clean".

This site is so great with so much helpful advise for b4 and post-op.

Take Care of yourself and hugs for the future.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register