Scheduled TLH Pre-Op Bloodwork is DONE!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-Op Bloodwork is DONE!! Pre-Op Bloodwork is DONE!!

Unread 08-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Pre-Op Bloodwork is DONE!!

Hello Dear Sisters,

I went this morning for my pre-op bloodwork - drove 40+ miles so they could draw ONE vial of blood...UGH! After I escaped from the vampire in the lab, I headed to Wal-Mart to stock up on yummies and check out the comfy wear. Couldn't decide on which undies to get, so after a good 20 minutes of comparing styles and sizes, I decided to just try my normal undies and maybe push the front down below the swelly belly. At least my mom will be here to make an undies run in case that decision was a bad one! Also found some really soft and loose sleep pants that were marked down - so, I helped myself to a couple. Then, I headed to the men's department and bought some extra large men's boxers (3-pack). What's more comfy than baggy boxers and a t-shirt?!?!

Oh, sisters, I forgot to mention that I have YET to sleep since I woke up yesterday around noon. Here I am battling fatigue, and now my lovely insomnia has decided to get in on the fun game of trying to make me go crazy.

I had to take 2 Aleve on the drive to the lab, then a Xanax while sitting in the waiting room because I could feel an anxiety attack coming on. Then, another Xanax and 2 more Aleve while doing the Wal-Mart marathon. Geez, was it just me, or was it blazing hot in Wal-Mart?!? heehee Cramps are really bad today and my anxiety is right on the edge, ready to jump out at any time.

So, I guess my pre-op nesting has finally kicked in. Next, I'll tackle the vacuuming and mopping, and a few other cleaning chores - but, maybe I'll try for a nap first.

During my late night wake-fest, I did a ton more reading and researching. I'm feeling more and more ready for Friday to get here. Can't decide if I want to buy a crown and wear it home from the castle!! My procedure is scheduled as out-patient, so God-willing, I'll be home Friday afternoon/evening =)

Prayers and hugs to all my fellow sisters-in-waiting. And, more prayers and speedy recovery hugs to all the new Princesses. Wow, I am so glad I stumbled upon this site last week. The women here are phenomenal!

Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Re: Pre-Op Bloodwork is DONE!!

Good luck for Friday You sound very upbeat and positive, let us know how it goes!
Carol
Unread 08-03-2009, 05:27 PM

Best wishes! I hope you are back home soon & feeling good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2009, 05:43 PM

Hi Michelle you sound like you're ready and really normal. Good luck friday and I wish you an uneventful recovery.
Unread 08-03-2009, 09:52 PM

I finally got some sleep this afternoon ~ hope that doesn't mean I'll be up all night again - ugh!

Thanks for the well wishes, Sisters. I'm working to keep positive and ready to move from LIW to Princess!!

Michelle
Unread 08-03-2009, 11:03 PM

Your body clock may be reset for a while, give up and go with it if you can. It took me a bit to decipher LIW. I don't think I've seen that yet or do I need more sleep! lol
enjoy being a LIW until friday

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register