TAH has anyone used a slimming tank? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

has anyone used a slimming tank? has anyone used a slimming tank?

Unread 05-17-2011, 11:59 AM
has anyone used a slimming tank?

I go back to work and "normal life" in two weeks, my doc suggested I get a slimming tank in place of my abdominal binder, and I looked up some at Target. they got good reviews but they are all from girls who just want a slimmer tummy or for use after having a baby. I wondered if anyone who had a hysterectomy had used one and if it gave you the support you want. I love my binder I have from the hospital, but it is quite bulky and living in Ga not exactly breathable, and in Ga you don't want any extra heat!!
my nearest target is an hour and half away, i thought i might go up there this weekend. (with the help of hubby) to try one or two on. I wear tanks under my scrub tops all the time so they sound perfect. I'm just worried about the support..
anyone try one? and how do you feel about it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Re: has anyone used a slimming tank?

I have only worn my once because my belly button was too tender BUT it did the trick and I am only 8 days post op.

I would try Ross, Marshalls or Burlington Coat Factory if you have those stores the tank and the panties are WAY cheaper. I looked at the ones at Target and the ones I got from Ross and Burlington are the same quality but half the price.
Unread 05-17-2011, 05:21 PM

Walmart has some comfy ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2011, 09:30 PM

Hi Jencme,

I am on my second week back to work (and taking business trips), having to dress up and climb back on my high heels. So I am on a similar quest- to get rid of the hospital-issued belly band.

I had read about slimming tanks on this site and recall some posts that you have to find one long enough for you so that it stays down over your belly. I also experienced this (before my surgery)- they fly up like a crazy window shade snapping up if they're not long enough, so I didn't even try.

My first attempt was to try a pantygirdle. Not bad, gave me the support I was used to from the binder but by the end of the day I had a backache (always hated the tight waistband of pantyhose) plus it didn't control the "you over did it" swelly belly. So I went back to my hotel that night and slept in a hospital-issued belly binder.

My second attempt was to order a couple of 9 inch wide belly binders off of Amazon, had my seamstress shorten one because I was between sizes. All was good in theory, but the first time I sat down it was instant muffin top, everything came spilling out of the top. I'll be sending the second one back.

I have not given up in my quest, now I'm looking for what they call a "hip nipper" or "waist nipper" (check the Maidenform website for examples). My challenge is that I am a size 18 pants and I need to find one large enough that it won't be too tight. (Why is shapewear made for little sizes?)

For now I will still wear the heavy-duty hospital issued binders, hiding them under my work clothes. I even wore one under a silk blouse today, pulled a shrug over it and you couldn't tell. So my quest continues...

Good luck in your quest!
Unread 05-18-2011, 10:15 AM

Ladies I found something that is working for me...hopefully it will work for you. The "Danskin" brand (sold at Wal-Mart) heavy duty exercise tank tops feel comfortable and hold in the swelly belly. These are the ones that have spandex in them. I paid $11.97 for mine and I will go back and buy another today. Hope it works for you!
Unread 05-19-2011, 08:47 AM

oh good. thanks guys! i'm trying to reduce my dependancy on the binder but sometimes you just need it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register