anyone heard of "Stop Flash?" | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone heard of "Stop Flash?" anyone heard of "Stop Flash?"

Unread 12-06-2006, 08:22 PM
anyone heard of "Stop Flash?"

My dear dad just called me...he's so sweet! He's aware of the he__ I've been experiancing since my complete hysterectomy last June that was followed by a Pulmonary Embolism just weeks afterward. I have been on a blood thinner called Coumadin since then. Surgical menopause, the blood clot, Coumadin and empty nest all hit at once! Of course I cannot take any hormones synthetic or natural and I must keep my diet consistant because of the Coumadin. I can't even have vitamin E or C because it causes extra thinning of the blood. Anyway like I was saying my dad just called and read in a magazine about something called "Stop Flash." It has black cohosh, licorice root, passion flower and spearmint oil in it. Has anyone ever heard of it and do you know if it is safe for people who have had a clot or those of us that cannot take any HRT, natural or otherwise. I patiently await your answers ladies. Peace and Good will to you all. Love, Candis my real name is Ginnie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2006, 09:53 PM

My hematologist advised against taking black cohosh. I found this tonight while doing a search:

Quote:
Black cohosh should be used cautiously in patients with a history of blood clots or stroke, seizure disorder, taking medications for high blood pressure, known allergy to aspirin/salicylates, liver disease, or hormone-sensitive cancers.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bla...nt-blackcohosh
Unread 12-06-2006, 11:09 PM

Catherine: Did you have a complete hysterectomy, if so may I ask at what age? Are you having any difficulities? How long ago was your clot and how long where you on the Coumadin? Thanks for all your help!
Candis AKA, ginnie
Unread 12-07-2006, 04:34 AM

I had a TAH/BSO in May of 1999. I had a DVD at 3 weeks post op and was on Coumadin for a year. After that my dr. prescribed Effexor for hot flashes and I took that for approximately 4 years. The only difficulty I have is lymphedema in the leg that had the DVT.

I still get hot flashes, but they are not nearly as bad as they were after my surgery.

BTW, I was never told to avoid Vitamin C, and I still eat green vegetables even though they contain Vitamin K but I don't eat a lot of them.

When I first had the clot and for a year or so after, I was obsessed with the fact that I could have another clot and had convinced myself that I would. Although I know my chances of getting another clot are increased, I don't think much about it anymore.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register