HELP! Intense pain with movement 23 days post-op! | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HELP! Intense pain with movement 23 days post-op! HELP! Intense pain with movement 23 days post-op!

Unread 07-14-2010, 07:53 PM
HELP! Intense pain with movement 23 days post-op!

My recovery was doing great up until 2 days ago. I woke up yesterday morning with very sharp stabbing, pulling, tearing pain near my incision site. I called my doctor today and the nurse said that probably I pulled a muscle. This isn't muscle pain... I can pinpoint the exact location of this pain. It hurts to move!

I have been doing some reading about this. Could this be nerve entrapment or damage? If someone else is going through this please let me know. Pain medications do not help at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Re: HELP! Intense pain with movement 23 days post-op!

It is my understanding that some nerves can be damaged during the surgery. As the nerves regenerate and start to "fire" again, sometimes twinges, etc can happen. I would give it a little time and if it persists call your again and ask to be seen.
Unread 07-15-2010, 09:07 PM

Is it possible that it is gas pains? That was the worst part of healing for me. If not it could just be the healing & the nerves getting fired back up & that will go away after a few days. I hope you feel better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2010, 05:13 AM

I really wish it was gas pains... lol I called my doctor again yesterday and had an ultrasound done. The person doing this told me that my lymph nodes were enlarged, that on my right side there was vascular region that was inflamed. She really didn't see any infection just maybe an small area or two.

I waited for my doctor to call me back later yesterday and when the nurse called me she said that my doctor had not gotten a chance to see the ultrasound but that it came back ok. Said that she was not sure what the doctor wanted to do next.

Today is day 4 and I am still in pain. The pain is on the right side of my incision and is very tender to touch. The intense pain that was there for two days has subsided some. So I am hoping this is going to go away!!! <crossing fingers>

Thanks so much for the replies : )

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register