Best Wishes Monday March 8th Princesses | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Best Wishes Monday March 8th Princesses Best Wishes Monday March 8th Princesses

Unread 03-03-2004, 02:11 PM
Best Wishes Monday March 8th Princesses

To all our LIWs:
BJ-Mosaic , Barbara Joy , burnsy1217 , catlau , loveallfour , maggienile , cat_nb , superstar721 , dazy , WebWench , Jgaga , avidreader01

Late Breaking News!! had2bdone and Renee30 are also having surgery on Monday. Best Wishes to EACH of you!!

may you be blessed with uncomplicated surgeries, and find the road to recovery winds smoothly before you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2004, 07:13 PM
March 8 Princess

I am scheduled for my hysterectomy (both ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus and cervix) on March 8. After 2 previous operations for this same problem and after three miscarriages.

I started my first period when I was 11 years old, and after my first one, I have never had any easy one (cramps, scant blood flow, flooding a pad in two hours). As my mother usually had a hard time also, I just thought it was normal for girls. I was never really sexually active as a teen (lost my virginity at 21 just to get it over with.) I may sound like some weirdo, but I was never really sexually active consistently until turning 29 when I was renuited with my first love who finally grew up. (a little).

We never used any form of birth control, and after 18 months together, I became pregnant for the first time in 1995, but continued to spot as I were trying to start my period. I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. I went to our family OB/Gyn (big mistake) who confirmed it. About 4 days later (at 6 weeks) I began hemorraging and passed some very scary stuff. I was diagnosed with an incomlete abortion and had to have a DNC to take care of what mother nature couldn't.

I became pregnant again in early 1998 I was doing ok (just very fatigued and tired) until one morning I awoke with my pajamas soaked in blood. I knew it was happening again and underwent a therapeutic abortion at a womens clinic. In July 1998 I underwent laproscopy because I was beginning to have very painful pelvic pain. I had some adhesions removed that were causing my right fallopian tube to be connected to my bowel. Other than having a swollen belly in was felling OK as long as I took anaprox.

In April 1999, one month before I got married ( to my first love after some breakups and makeups), I had an ovarian cyst to rupture on my right side. At the time they thougth it was either a kidney stone or a bladder infection.

Six months later, with encouragement from my co-workers who were knowledgeable in the medical field, I decided to get a second opinion, and the Dr. who examined me told me straight off that I had made a right decision in getting a second opinion. She found not only endometriosis that I thought had been taken care of, but found three cysts in my right ovary, and 5 in my left ovary.

In September 2000 I underwent a four hour sugery, that was only supposed to last two hours. The Dr. told my husband that it was like pulling glue out of me, because of the fact that that I have a retroverted uterus, and it was deeply embedded in my pelvis, and endometriosis had severely scarred and blocked my fallopian tubes. If it had been his personal call (and he was a Dr. to who hysterectomy would be the last resort) and his assistant surgeon's call he would have removed everthing at that time. He said he was astounded that I could have endured such pain over the years however; as I did not give consent to hysterectomy at that time because I really wanted to try an have a baby.

I felt really well after my recovery, everthing was working normally, but within six months in March 2001 I was once again having pain in my left side, and sure enough the cysts had reappared. I also stated having really bad emotional PMS symptoms.

With the fatigue, emotion instability, depression, hot flashes, and cronic pain, not to mention the bloating that makes me look six months pregnant, elimation problems (some of you probably know where I am coming from, I have decided that I have no other recourse. I feel sad, anxious, and not looking to be cut on again (no vaginal or laporoscopy for me because of the above) and then again, I am ready to have it over so that I can feel like a normal functioning person.
Unread 03-03-2004, 07:26 PM

Wow you have been through so much. I know things will go good for you with your surgery and you will not know how to act to actually feel good.

I am having surgey Monday, (March 8) I am scared to death and at the same time so anxous to feel well again. I have a lot of concerns about the unknown such as HRT, weight gain, personality change and the sexual thing but we will see what happen.

This room is so great I could never express how much it has done for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2004, 07:40 PM
March 8

Thanks! Sometimes you have this selfish feeling that you are the only one that is having this problem. But I can tell you not only does it affect you, it affects everyone around you. I really like this site too! It really helps to know that others are out there too which is a big comfort!
Unread 03-04-2004, 04:22 PM

Thanks for the well-wishes. Now that I'm almost there, I'm scared. Fortunately my GYN prescribed some Ambien to help with sleep...
Unread 03-04-2004, 04:35 PM

Best Wishes Ladies In Waiting!

Saying for a successful surgery and recovery
Unread 03-05-2004, 06:21 AM

BEST WISHES TO YOU, BJ-Mosaic , Barbara Joy , burnsy1217 , catlau , loveallfour , maggienile , cat_nb , superstar721 , dazy , WebWench , Jgaga , avidreader01 , Renee30

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for a successful and uneventful surgery and recovery, and we’ll look forward to seeing your posts in post-op when you’re back home.

's
Unread 03-05-2004, 12:33 PM

This forum and all of its' members have been so very helpful to
me and although I won't lie and say I am not scared, this has
eased so much of my anxiety!!
Thank You all SO MUCH!
Unread 03-05-2004, 03:06 PM

Again thanks so much for all your thoughts, posts and prayer. KDeit to cool of a post. I love it.

I am still scared out of my pants (guess I won't need them any way lol) but I will be happy to feel better again

Deb
Unread 03-05-2004, 07:45 PM

Thank you all for your advice and support - this site has been a godsend!

I guess I'm ready for Monday - I'm trying not to be nervous, but I just can't wait for it to be over. I've been so distracted that I didn't get much work done this week and I still have a few details to wrap up.

Good luck to the rest of the Monday Princesses!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register