Could be one procedure or the other, ugh! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Could be one procedure or the other, ugh! Could be one procedure or the other, ugh!

Unread 02-27-2005, 08:31 PM
Could be one procedure or the other, ugh!

I'm scheduled for a LAVH 03-16. Well it's suppose to be a LAVH but my dr. said that since things are small and all squished together in there, (she had a hard time during my last D/C) that she may end up doing it abdominally. Did this happen to anyone else? I'm hoping for a LAVH less recovery time. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2005, 08:38 PM

I was also suppose to be getting the LAVH.But, due to an enlarged Uterus, my Gyn feels it may be to big to remove that way.(Uterus is 14 cm long ---adverage 3 month pg.) I am also hoping we can go the LAVH route because it is so much easier and less recovery time.He told me he will attempt the LAVH, but not to be upset if I awake with a incision across my belly.
Good luck. I hope everything works out for you no matter what way you have to go.
Unread 02-28-2005, 07:25 AM

I was scheduled for a tah right from the start so no surprises for me. I have read from many ladies though that their dr had to change the type of hyst because of circumstances once the surgery got underway. At least you know in advance that it might happen.

I'll be praying that all goes well and you can have the least invasive surgery possible.

Best wishes.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2005, 07:58 AM

Beattlebug,
I hope that you're able to have the LAVH. I was in the same situation last year. The surgeon said that he would "try" to do the surgery vaginally, but that I might end up having an abdominal incision. Same problem -- a lot of things packed into a small space. (I didn't have any children.) When I woke up, I felt for an incision, but had three small band-aids instead. I was really glad he was able to do the LAVH. About all you can do is hang in there and hope for the best. I will keep my fingers crossed for you, too and send you my best wishes. I think recovery is easier with LAVH than with TAH, but the doctor needs to do what is called for. Good luck to you.

Barbara
Unread 02-28-2005, 09:56 AM

Thanks for the replies. It makes me feel so much better to have my worries eased by others out there who have gone through the same thing. I've been visualizing extra space down in that area hoping it'll be the lavh (lol)!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register