Needed Ideas for Getting Through The Prep tomorrow? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Needed Ideas for Getting Through The Prep tomorrow? Needed Ideas for Getting Through The Prep tomorrow?

Unread 06-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Needed Ideas for Getting Through The Prep tomorrow?

Needed ideas for getting through the prep and how to make things easier for the day before surgery. What times to do what parts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Re: Needed Ideas for Getting Through The Prep tomorrow?

Are you talking about the timing for your bowel prep? Instructions should've been given to you about what time to do what parts. You need to follow those instructions. Items to make bowel prep more comfortable: extra soft toilet paper or wipes and Preparation H.
Unread 06-28-2012, 09:00 AM

I guess I was looking for personal tricks and tips. I was thinking about ones who have been thru it luike you have. I should have posted this on post op I think. Scared to go near the Post Op threads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2012, 12:04 PM

I had my sah on the 14th if June and I used baby wipes to save my butt before and after surgery and took stool softeners a week before I still take them I havent had a problem with having a bm! Good luck
Unread 06-28-2012, 12:29 PM

What kind of bowel prep are they having you do? Magnesium Citrate?

My doctor just gave general instruction on starting in the afternoon after I had lunch. No specific times.

Here is what I did on prep day:

I stopped eating at 11:30 AM

I had to drink 2 bottles of Magnesium Citrate. I started drinking those at 2:30 PM. I finished them both by 3:30.

Then later that night I had to do 2 Fleet enemas. I did those around 8:00 PM.

That was it for the bowel prep.

The day before I kept myself busy with packing, cleaning, going over my list of to-do's.....oh, and pooping!
Unread 06-28-2012, 01:35 PM

You make me laugh. I needed that. I liked the "oh and pooping part". I am drinking the Mag Citrate right now.
Unread 06-28-2012, 02:11 PM

...and your love affair with the bathroom nears, LovelyLady! Don't let it out of your sight once the affair begins. It must be available to you at all times to answer your every need.
Unread 06-28-2012, 02:47 PM

LOL. I was just thinking that and warned family to give me the heads up when they are using the toilet. We only have one on this floor and one in the basement.
Unread 06-29-2012, 09:08 AM

I had to drink that stuff yucky. It's lemon juice and thbbing alcohol! And stay very close to the potty
Unread 06-29-2012, 09:55 AM

Good luck and best wishes! Try to keep busy and organize anything you think you might want or need by your bed to help your DH or whomever is helping you. I wish I had done that a little more before hand. If you have a TV in your bedroom with a DVD player go ahead and have some movies ready. Get ice packs in the freezer. That was really nice to have. Now I wish I would have gotten another one since I only have one. I end up leaving the one on the TV tray by the bad and don't put it back in the freezer. Be sure to have plenty of juices in the fridge and things to eat for afterward.

The enema was actually good for me (after it was over) since my fibroids were crushing part of my colon and that was why I could never go to the bathroom well. I should have done that before! lol I just had to the enema the night before and no drinks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register