Just got the hysterectomy news yesterday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just got the hysterectomy news yesterday Just got the hysterectomy news yesterday

Unread 05-22-2004, 11:35 AM
Just got the hysterectomy news yesterday

I just spoke with my gyn yesterday, they did the cone biopsy and found that they could not tell if the margins were clear (if they had got the whole lesion or not) so we are going ahead with a vaginal hysterectomy. I was diagnosed with severe dysplasia cin iii, HSIL and the biopsy confirmed that, thankfully there was no cancer in the sample. Wish they would have gotten it all but maybe this is for the best. Doc says that if I don't have the cervix or the uterus I should be done with this. Otherwise I have to wait a few months and start over with the colposcopy again, wait for results, do another cone, etc. I found the waiting for the results terrifying and don't want to have to go through that again. I am done having children so I figure just get it out of me.

Any advice or suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2004, 06:49 PM

I think you've made the right decision. Why put yourself through all of that again? Good Luck with everything! Hugs!
Unread 05-23-2004, 01:42 PM

I also believe you've made the right decision. I'm still new at this. This is a wonderful place for information and support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2004, 04:14 PM

Thanks guys for your input. It is sad to see so many people that have to go through this sort of thing, it makes things hard on a family and so on. On the other hand I am very glad to have this site to come to for some advice and some support when I am feeling doubtful or scared about something. Everybody here seems to be great and I appreciate that very much.

Hugs to all who come to this site to support and be supported.
Unread 05-27-2004, 09:24 PM

Well, I spoke to my gyn's nurse this morning and my LAVH will be performed next Friday, June 04/04. I am glad to be going in so soon and all but suddenly I am a bit nervous and scared. I can't have any more children at this point anyway so that is not the problem, I think that the whole recovery time makes me a bit nervous because I won't be able to take care of my son the way I like to. My DH will be at home with me for two weeks and then I should be on my own. Apparently you can lift a lot sooner with the vag hyst than with the abdominal so that's good news. I heard that weight gain is going to be a problem and that is a bit bothersome as I am already 180 lbs at 5'8" tall. Not obese by any means but working hard to try to lose at least 20 lbs. I also heard that some women feel very empty when they have the hyst, I am scared of that, Hell I am scared of a lot right now. Is all of this normal, does anybody know?

Advice if you could please.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register