Whats up with being in your 40's - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Whats up with being in your 40's Whats up with being in your 40's

Unread 11-04-2004, 08:45 AM
Whats up with being in your 40's

Or as Mr. Buffet says....

growing older but not up! Which is the way I try to live.

Yes I am a Parrothead....

Dizzy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2004, 09:11 AM

well i have recently heard that age 50 is the new 30

so what does that make being 40?

jane3221
Unread 11-04-2004, 09:21 AM

Ok Ladies.
I was told yesterday........ The older a woman gets the better she gets. She matures like fine wine and cheese always full of body and sweet to the taste. So heres to getting old I say.
At 42 I am still a spring chicken hahahaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2004, 12:02 PM

As one of the ladies said in an earlyer post 'age is relative' well all my relatives are older than me

Women are like fine wine they get better with age ... I have had some realy bad sour old wine

Now for one of the real reasons we are all in our 40's & waiting for surgery.

15 years ago when we realy needed to have the surgery done the general consensus in the medical profesion at that time was 'you are too young' so we have all had to wait untill we were of an age where we were not 'too young'
Now adays if the surgery is needed the consensus has changed somewhat & they will give you the surgery if its needed.

I settled for a Tubal in the hopes it would help some of my problems I had since a teen because I was told it would help. That was a fob off just to keep me quiet.

My opinion in my case is 'Life begins after surgery'
Boy, when I heal I'm gonna live!
Watch out World here I come!!
Unread 11-04-2004, 02:12 PM

hummmmmmmmm....Lets see, 40, yup thats my age, and yes everything seemed to fall apart. I had hyst when I was 32 and things seemed ok. Still had my ovaries. But 40 hit me like a ton of bricks, could have sworn I had a visit from the wrinkle fairy, grouch fairy, heat fairy, facial hair fairy,bad eyesite fairy,saggy boob fairy, and lets not forget the big butt fairy, all on the eve of my 40th. But it`s really not all bad.........lol....I`m looking forward to seeing what I get for my 41st.
Unread 11-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Thanks for adding a little humor!

Hi,

I'm at work, and almost laughed out loud.

I'm scheduled for December 7th and between obsessing over how much time I can get off from work ( 2 jobs!) and school ( full time grad student) I've felt the same way.

I just turned 40 this June and within the last 14 months my body went a little...haywire.

14-17 day periods, mirena iud-these are things I would have almost laughed at less than 2 years ago, meaning I just wasn't anywhere near all of this drama menstrually speaking. True I'd known I had fibroids for almost 10 years but prided myself on using natural methods such as herbs and acupuncture to avoid allopathic 'help' like hormone therapy and such. I never had any weirdness that I thought I couldn't live with.

Now I plan my WHOLE LIFE around the heaviest of those 14-17 days.

This is ridiculous. And I sometimes feel like my body has betrayed me.

Rootwomin
Unread 11-05-2004, 11:06 AM

Boy - I guess I started 5 years early!

turned 35 in march
july had to have a tonsilectomy
September my TVH

I have also noticed this year - a few stray hairs on my chin!!!

Boy what will I be like at 40???? (ha! ha!)
Unread 11-06-2004, 06:05 PM

I am 45 and feel great. I exercise five days a week to keep fit, stay flexible and to handle stress. I plan on beginning Pilates soon. It is so important to exercise in order to enjoy optimal health during our 'twilight' years.

Being 40+ is good....I am more confident than I ever have been. During the last ten years, I have participated in support groups, therapy,etc. to work through some issues and to recognize and control anxiety. I feel certain that because I have learned to take care of my mind and body, I am enjoying my 40s.

Life does have its ups and downs, mine is far from perfect, but I have learned that I can still feel joyous and grateful even through the down times.

I think being grateful is a large part of feeling joy.

Perhaps, that is why Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. It is not as commercialed as Christmas and there is a lot less emphasis on material things.

I am looking forward to my 50s and plan on still being active.

As far as my 'female' problems go, I just assumed that was the way it was supposed to be. It has been so liberating to have realized that I had a choice to feel better. The pain, the heavy periods, etc....I thought most women experienced those problems.

SCSusan
Unread 11-06-2004, 06:59 PM

I have been sitting here at my computer for the past 20 minutes LOL at all of these posts! Tried to zap out the Andy Rooney thing and the whole bloomin' thing printed. I'm saving them for after surgery so I can laugh again...but not too hard!!! and share them with my sisters and a few close friends.

I turned 40 in July and found out in August that I could not deny this surgery any longer. It's been 5 years of everything from birth control pills to ablation to put it off. Anyone else have nightmares after 40? I keep having this same one that they wake me up from the anesthesia and I think they're all done, but instead they tell me that they couldn't do it because....YOU'RE PREGNANT!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....my kids are 19 and 16!!! Have mercy. If I didn't have gray hair before...okay...I did but my beautician took care of that! AND a very special man in my life just told me that my body is absolutely perfect...dressed or not! HA! No one ever told me that BEFORE I was 40!!! I'm thinking 40 ain't so bad now! I also think his eyesight might be going (he's over 40) and he might just be saying that to be nice as I approach this TVH on Thursday...but I'll take it. I started walking and am up to a 5-mile power walk at least 3 times per week and am in better shape than ever before. I'm told I'm getting "feisty," too. I just took up powered parachute lessons and I love to drive fast and listen to music loud and sing at the top of my lungs when I do! I even let my 16-year-old daughter pick out some jeans for me and I wear them! She assures me that they aren't "too young" for me.

I'm with you ladies...it's time to speak up and be who we have always wanted to be! Here's the really good part...I work with older adults every day and believe me...I'm taking notes. You wouldn't believe what we're going to get away with when we're 90!! Look out world, INDEED!!! We have 50 years to practice up for 90!

I love you ladies...you keep me sane...or insane...Surgery Thursday and this time I'm not flipping out about it. YET anyway. That is thanks to all of you!
Angie
Unread 11-15-2004, 12:14 PM

Well yeah.... 40 seem to be the age that it all goes.
Im scheduled on the 21st of December, but I'm gonna try to make it all better by getting a tummy-tuck too.
Not only is the bod going, but so is the mind. Kids say I've got CRS.
Yesterday I told Hub that I'd lost it and could he help me find it. He said no but we'll try to hide the fact from everyone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register