Bright Red bleeding | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bright Red bleeding Bright Red bleeding

Unread 06-26-2011, 07:51 PM
Bright Red bleeding

I am 10 days post op and have had minimal discharge that was tan/yellowish until yesterday. I felt a "gush" of wetness and when I checked it was bright red. Through out the day I bled bright red blood, not a lot(changing a pad every 2-3 hours more for cleaniless than full), but enough to freak me out after not having any until this point.

I am sure it is because I did too much, but as soon as it happened I went staight to bed, and never got up except to pee. Today the bleeding is mostly spotting and it is more pink than red.

Do you think this warrants a call to the Dr.? I've been reading this site and now I am worried that I've set my healing back. I'm in no pain.

We were away for the whole weekend so I didn't call when it happened. Also my Dr. office left a message on my cell VM Friday at 4:30 to call, yet they aren't there over the weekend, so that has me a bit freaked on what they wanted. I guess if it was urgent they wouldn't have called at 4:30 before the weekend when the clinic closes at 5, right?

It is so hard to know what is "normal".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Re: Bright Red bleeding

You are probably right -- you probably did overdo at only 10-day out from your surgery. I went to a hockey game at 10-days post-op and was TOTAL wiped out and had an increase in spotting and pain.

If for no other reason that to put your mind at ease, I would call your Dr. just see what he/she says. I have a tendency to err on the side of caution - I'd rather call and it be nothing than not call and it be something.

Take care ((((((Hugs))))))
Unread 06-27-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcgall611 View Post
call your Dr. just see what he/she says. I have a tendency to err on the side of caution - I'd rather call and it be nothing than not call and it be something.
I called and she said that since I'm in no pain and that the bleeding has stopped that it was probably due to doing too much; and I probably didn't tear any of my stitches. BUT...if it happens again to call and come in to be checked out.

Thanks for your response and hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2011, 01:40 PM

You're so welcome - that's what we're here for

Glad that you are feeling better - and rest assured that most of us have overdone it and our bodies have let us know about it! I'm a bit over 3 months post-op and I did WAY too much on Saturday and on Sunday my body told me about it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register