vaginal pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-15-2006, 10:56 AM
vaginal pain

Hi...I was wondering has anyone had pain in vagina that made it feel like you can't stand up straight? Last night my pain was so bad I was getting worried. It was kind of deep pain . It hurt when I would talk or breathe in. I feel better this morning. Maybe I over did it yesterday? Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2006, 11:33 AM
vaginal pain

pinkone66-- my advise to you is..if it continues to hurt or is bothersome...call the doctor. can't hurt to ask if it's normal...or not.

AnnRuthie
Unread 04-15-2006, 11:34 AM
vaginal pain

I am having a dull pain down there. It doesnt saound as bad as yours but it feels like my whole vagina is contracting. I have no advice but also could use some.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2006, 01:49 PM
vaginal pain

Thanks for your replies..I am doing ok today. But if it happens again...I'll probably call DR. Thanks...hope all is well with all of you.
Unread 04-15-2006, 04:51 PM
vaginal pain

I am having severe vaginal pain! Sometimes so bad I feel like I am walking bowlegged.If I lay on my side it feels as if I am being opened up like gyn drs do when they examine you. I always feel like there is something pushing behind the cuff and trying to come out,like I am opening up for the birth of a baby! Called dr yesterday pain so bad,just got into argument with her,told me do not go to er,I said why are you afraid they will find something you did not catch? The problem I have been complaing about since day 1 of surgery? She just called me in more pain pills,15 darvocet,Big deal,might as well take water,nothing controlls this pain. My appt is 4/18 I know she is going to suggest that nitrate stuff,maybe for her revenge. But I think I need a catscan or something to see what eyes cant see. I do not know what to do,I am a mess,falling apart more each day. There were 3 days when I did feel good though,hope they come back. Maybe with a new dr they will. Any suggestions?
Unread 04-15-2006, 08:04 PM
vaginal pain

Hi Dawn2139,
My pain isn't quite as bad as yours. I had a TAH...where as you had it done vaginally. With you they may have missed something? Not to scare you or anything. Your pain sounds different then mine. It drives me nuts when doctors don't REALLY listen to us. I wish you the best. Hope it turns out to be nothing other then annoying. Possibly a CT scan or MRI....maybe a vaginal ultrasound might be useful? Good luck!!
Unread 04-16-2006, 04:44 PM
vaginal pain

The only time I had pain like that was when I overdid. Then it was just like you describe - stabbing sharp pains in the vagina as well as lots of pressure and pain in the pelvic area. Hard to breathe or stand up straight. It sounds like that's what happened to you, but of course if you are concerned or if it happens again, by all means call the Dr.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register