Freaking out...is it just hormones? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Freaking out...is it just hormones? Freaking out...is it just hormones?

Unread 04-15-2006, 12:18 AM
Freaking out...is it just hormones?

Okay. I had my surgery on Monday and was home on Tuesday, four days now. When I woke up the doc had put 2 Estrogen patches on me.... .05 each. She told me to take them off on Friday and start the oral Estradiol. I did that tonight. I have been crying off and on all day and tonight I just blew up at my daughter. She was trying to find her soccer clothes for tomorrows game and she didnt find them. She is a sloppy child and she never puts things away. I just got so angry. Then I was mad at everything. Then the pain came because I hadnt taken any pain meds for several hours. Then all I could do is cry. I was really not liking my daughter and I feel awful. Is this normal? Is this because I took the oral Estrogen? The bottle said to start it tomorrow but the doc told me tonight. Nine years ago I had seriously bad postpartum depression and anxiety. I took Paxil for 7 years. I have been off that for 2 years now.
Am I turning into a monster? Should I stay away from my kids and family? I am sooo afraid of doing something. I know I wont but I have heard women doing things unconsciencely. Should I go back on anti depressents? I currently take 5-HTP. I replaced the Paxil with this. It has been great ever since. I dont like the angry, emotional feelings. I felt so great until today. I have been very tired and didnt sleep today. I did go out yesterday and today for a few. Could that be contributing? Could just being tired cause some of this as well? My husband just walks away and leaves me alone. He doesnt even want to talk to me.
I dont want to be angry. I just want to be normal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, to get through the weekend and I can talk to my doctor on Monday.
Thank you,
Leanne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2006, 01:36 AM

(((Leanne))) You are just four days post op... the very, very early days of your recovery. Even if you were on the *perfect* HRT for you, you're going to be having major hormone fluctuations because of the shock of the surgery. Plus, you're switching types of HRT, adding another cause for fluctuations. Hormone fluctuations are what cause symptoms like mood swings.

Also, I wonder if you're doing too much for this point in your recovery? Most of us have not been going out at four days post op. Overdoing it will put more stress on your already over-stressed body, which desperately needs to get some R&R so it can heal.

Give the HRT time before deciding whether or not it's working for you... and give yourself a break, OK?

s,
-Linda
Unread 04-15-2006, 03:22 AM

I wonder too if you are just being typically post-op, like for any operation.

Hang on in there and see how it goes for a bit.

Rest, rest, rest.

Hugs and best wishes. Look after yourself!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2006, 02:38 AM

Hi Leanne, it sounds all very normal for someone who has just had MAJOR surgery and is coping with hormone changes. Slow down a bit, breath, take it easy, say sorry to your folks (tell them you're not yourself at the moment - that's what I said) and sleep, lots. You'll be fine, it really does take time, weeks in fact, take you time.
Hugs, ChloDee (Wk 10 LAVH)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register