Anyone two weeks post-op and still down? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone two weeks post-op and still down? Anyone two weeks post-op and still down?

Unread 12-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Anyone two weeks post-op and still down?

I will be officially two weeks post-op on Monday and I am so down, feel depressed, been real quiet, crying off and on and on edge especially with my husband. I am so tired of feeling like crap. I used to have such a zest for life and I feel like I hit a wall and can't get back up. I keep reading all these books about why you should keep your uterus and the benefits it provides hormonally and how it interacts with your nervous system and how I can go into early menopause within a couple of tears and I am only 33! (removed uterus and cervix, kept ovaries) I am wondering if I made a wrong decision? thisi is such a rollercoaster ride of emotions......K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2006, 03:47 PM

I also noticed my spelling errors after i submitted! LOL
Unread 12-02-2006, 03:54 PM

hi! I will be 2 weeks on Monday too and I feel a lot better then before! For me it was the best thing I did - I also had my uterus and cervix out and kept my ovaries. The first week was hard and its been getting a lot better everyday. I actually went Christmas shopping for a couple hours today.
I went in to the operation with it being positive as I knew I couldn't go on as I was and it wasn't fair to my 4 year old or my husband - granted the after the surgery and some of the next day I wasn't feeling to hot but I started feeling better after - when I got home it was hard but now I am feeling a lot more like my old self and actually lost 10 pounds!!
I am really glad I did it. I am 39 and happy that I won't have to deal with everything I have since I started having periods.
Just relax and take it easy - enjoy the time at home and the holidays - it will get better each day - think positive too - your body has been thru a lot - it will take time to get back into the swing of things!
I am off until Jan. 2 - I know I will have some days were I won't feel good but it won't be as bad as it was.
Take care and don't get down on yourself!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2006, 04:16 PM

That is too funny, I lost 10 pounds too. What a way to lose it huh? Thanks for kind words, I am trying. I do physiically feel better than the first week, but stuck in a funk of sorts and I want out. I am out for the same period of time too and wonder if all the time off is not as beneficial as I thought it might be. I am a busy body and get sort of lost when i have nothing to do. Do you have strange pains on your side at all from the stitches? I do, they come and go but they take my breath away when I get them. Thanks Connie.
Unread 12-02-2006, 04:54 PM

I'm 2 1/2 weeks post op (vaginal hysterectomy, kept ovaries) and still feeling kind of weepy, fatigued and generally worn out. You're not alone. Now I have a kind of burning pain in the vaginal area. I hope it's not an infection. I've been doing a LOT more and lifting my 13 lb baby around all of the time.
Unread 12-02-2006, 04:55 PM

I know but isn't awsome to lose it?? Its a good start for me as I am a bit over weight and would like to lose more!
Our bodies do need that time - its doing a lot more healing then we think it is and a lot of little stuff - I am too a busy body so, not doing anything is hard but I am getting used to it! haha - I went out this past Thursday and picked up my daughter from preschool - which I never done as my husband drops her off and my parents pick her up so, that was totally great - get to do that some more too - then shopping a bit today - I am tired believe me!
So wrapping presents is next and decorating for Christmas! So, I am happy to have this time for that too! hehe
I am making coco mix and cookie mix for presents so, I have time to do that too! hehe & Christmas cards! hehe
Actually, no on the pains - my right side is tender and I get cramps when I have to go #2 (sorry) but other then that ok!
Do something little each day - don't over do it and maybe "schedule" it in your day - depending if better in am or pm that way you can look forward to doing it - that has helped me - and if you don't get it done you have the next day -
relax and enjoy!
Unread 12-02-2006, 05:46 PM

I certainy need people like you to bring my spirits up. I too don't get the chance to pick up my dd right after school, she always has to go to daycare afterwards until I was done with work, so thank you for reminding me of the joys I should be appreciating. Cleo- not sure you should be lifting the baby?? Is that ok? I haven' lifted mine yet which is 35 lbs but still woudn't chance it. Be careful and thank you for letting me know I am not alone.
Unread 12-02-2006, 06:16 PM

Special K .. its perfectly normal to be emotional after surgery, especially what we had done. ( hysterectomy) Your ovaries go into shock for a little while after the surgery and do not produce hormones so your emotions can get a little out of wack till those ovaries wake back up again. Dont let it get you down to much. It really does get better each day. Just dont over-do and cause yourself any setbacks. Best of luck to you in your recovery!
Unread 12-02-2006, 09:48 PM

Surprisingly, the oncologist actually said it was okay to lift any weight now. I'm still not lifting the car seat...that effort would probably wipe me out for the day. I've never really had PMS so this depressive, weepy feeling is kind of new to me. Of course the stress of the last few months is probably starting to get to me as well. It helps to know that my ovaries could be in rebellion at the moment and that could be making me feel this way on top of the fatigue. Hang in there Special K!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register