Four and a Half Months Post Op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Four and a Half Months Post Op Four and a Half Months Post Op

Unread 03-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Four and a Half Months Post Op

Things have been good since my hyst....good surgery, uneventful recovery, at five weeks started back to work at my part time job but needed to take 5 more days after a week b/c of a sinus infecion and the antibiotics knocked me off my feet! I've been in good health since. Last night, hubby and I did the naughy. It was a little painful which is unusual, then I discovered some blood afterward. It was like spotting. Fresh blood, pinkish in colour. I am not the panicky type, didn't want details from the surgeon about the surgery but asked if everything was good, and it was. However since I bled last night, I'm assuming I should check with the doc to see if he wants me to come in. I am a little concerned about the spotting. Does anyone have any wordsof wisdom concerning what might be going on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2007, 01:23 PM

I had a tvh, but I havn't bled at all since I came out of hospital. I suggest a call to your Dr. would be a good thing, better safe then sorry and it can't hurt to let the Dr. know whats going on. It could be nothing, or something that you will be glad you called about. Best of luck to you and sorry you are having problems after so long.
Unread 03-18-2007, 01:44 PM

I had some very light bleeding or spotting after the first few times of intercourse. I think it's normal but I would check with the doc anyway. I can't remember if I asked mine about it or not ?! Isnt that terrible...lol But I really think it just depends on your body, healing process and all of that. If it was heavy and steady then I'd probably worry more! Good luck to ya
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2007, 02:23 PM

Hello: I am 5 1/2 weeks post op. I should not tell this but have been feeling pretty good. Last night we had sex and it hurt a little, but I also noticed some bleeding light pinkish. I felt a little pop and it was kind of watery. It stopped shortly and I haven't had a problem since. But I will probably call my doctor in the morning just to be sure.
Unread 03-18-2007, 02:34 PM

Good idea Nancee! At 5 1/2 weeks I was still being a little cautious. Maybe I wasn't being cautious is why it happened. DH and I have been cautious up to now, so I don't know for sure what it is.He could have gone too uummm....well TMI but I think you have the idea. He swears he didn't, but that's what it felt like. Thanks for the replies, ladies
Unread 03-19-2007, 11:45 AM

I know my doc told me I might have some bleeding as we started having sex again. I didn't. Was a big sore as I had some stitches in my vaginal wall with the surgery, but that didn't last long. First few times I wiggled into a different position and it was ok. As long as it doesn't continue or increase in flow, you should be fine.
Unread 03-19-2007, 11:47 AM

ooops...didn't mean big sore....bit sore...LOL....I'm losing it!
Unread 03-19-2007, 12:40 PM

Hey I'm back. I saw my doc this morning and it was good to hear that it wasn't anything to worry about; just some granulation that he fixed was some silver nitrate. Says I should be fine, and that sometimes this happens. He wants to see me back in 3 weeks. The down side is he says no sex for 3 weeks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register