New here, worried | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New here, worried New here, worried

Unread 08-21-2013, 07:14 AM
New here, worried

Hi, let me start by saying that I'm 36 years old, I've had 1 c section, a tubal ligation, and I'm 3 weeks past having endometrial ablation for heavy periods. There was a biopsy done in office before my ablation, they said everything was ok. U went in fir my 2 week post op check up, and the dr was very surprised when he checked the pathology report, and it showed hyperplasia without atypia from the tissue he removed during the d&c. He was shocked, and said had he known before he never would have done the ablation, as it masks further growth of hyperplasia. He suggested that I needed a hysterectomy. I'm not financially or mentally prepared for that right now, so he started me on provera for 6 months,then I have to go back. I've been having a constant pain in my left ovary area. I mentioned this to him, and he checked bsck to a CAT scan I had done in July for a suspected umbilical hernia, and they saw there was a small cyst on my left ovary, that had not been mentioned to me before. So this past Friday, I had an ultra sound. My dr is out of town, but his nurse said the results looked fine, no more cyst. So I guess my question is, is or has anyone here gone through a similar situation? If there's no cyst, what could be causing the feeling of pain? My pelvic area feels so heavy and swollen, I look swollen. I know I'm not imagining this, but I'm made to feel like I'm making it up or something. Us there a way fluid could not have been seen on the ultrasound? Is hysterectomy my only option? Wth is going on inside of me?? Ugh. It should be mentioned also, that prior to my ablation, I had been seeing the nurse practitioner in my dr's office, and I had literally begged her to test my estrogen levels. My body was acting so strangely, and I just knew it was off. She refused multiple times, told me I was "just getting older" and finally she says, " if you can tell me what we would do about it if your levels ARE off, then I'll test you." I was so upset and discouraged, and now I'm angry, because it's my understanding that hyperplasia is a result of excess estrogen! But what caused that excess? I'm not on any type if hormone therapy. So many unanswered questions, and all my dr's want to say is, hysterectomy. Sorry for the long rambling post, but my mind is everywhere. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2013, 07:37 PM
Re: New here, worried

First I want to say sorry you're going through this. Sending you hugs and comfort. Second, seek out a second or even third opinion...at a different practice if you can. Be sure to get all your questions and concerned answered to YOUR satisfaction before you make a final decision. You have to be comfortable with what you decide. Good Luck with whatever comes your way with all this. I know it's not an easy decision, but you will get through all this. Come here anytime you want, ask questions, rant, rave, whatever...we are here for you!
Unread 08-22-2013, 07:11 AM

Thank you I have an upcoming appt with a gyn/onc in October
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2013, 04:15 PM

Are you overweight? Often the estrogen stored in / or produced by fat can cause huge problems. Obese women are many times more likely to develope uterine cancer. Excuse the pun but Fat can be the "elephant in the room" for Doctors. They don't believe anyone who is obese will be willing or able to take off weight to help solve the hormone problems. In some cases they are right. The problems DO need to be addressed in a thoughtful and caring way so that women can at least make their own decisions. I'm pre-op for weight loss surgery trying to lose enough weight to safely undergo a davinci robotic hysterectomy, though my GYN says I may not need one if I lose enough weight. We will see.
Unread 08-24-2013, 07:53 AM
New here, worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochalatte View Post
Are you overweight? Often the estrogen stored in / or produced by fat can cause huge problems. Obese women are many times more likely to develope uterine cancer. Excuse the pun but Fat can be the "elephant in the room" for Doctors. They don't believe anyone who is obese will be willing or able to take off weight to help solve the hormone problems. In some cases they are right. The problems DO need to be addressed in a thoughtful and caring way so that women can at least make their own decisions. I'm pre-op for weight loss surgery trying to lose enough weight to safely undergo a davinci robotic hysterectomy, though my GYN says I may not need one if I lose enough weight. We will see.

No I'm not overweight. Actually, I first knew my estrogen was too high because I started gaining weight that I couldn't move. I had been between 115-117 for years, barely exercising eating what I want.. Then I went through a bit of emotional eating when my brother died, put in 5 lbs. no biggie. So I started the gym, got into weight lifting, cleaned up my diet, stopped drinking, everything. On paper, my diet/lifestyle is above and beyond. But I kept accumulating fat. Eating at a deficet, working out hard every day, gaining fat. I'm barely recognizable. So after doing alot of research, I read about estrogen dominance, and it sounded exactly like what I had going on. But no one listened. They all brushed me off. I want to know now what caused it. Because in my mind, just removing my uterus isnt going to fix what went wrong in the first place. Hyperplasia is a RESULT, not a cause. It's so frustrating! I hope all turns out well for you.. Thanks for taking a moment to respond to me

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register