I Want To Go To Work On Monday the 8th!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I Want To Go To Work On Monday the 8th!! I Want To Go To Work On Monday the 8th!!

Unread 09-07-2008, 08:53 AM
I Want To Go To Work On Monday the 8th!!

the best thing you can do is call your dr and let him know your situation and see what he says about releasing you early. if you feel okay and sit behind a desk, he might not have a problem with it at all. i'm glad youre feeling so well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2008, 09:35 AM

I went back to work 2 1/2 weeks after a total robotic assited Lap Hyst that ended up being very extensive (3 1/2 hours, endo on everything). My Doctor was totally shocked when I asked to be released at 2 weeks. She didnt' seem to believe that I was really in "no pain", but I promised her to be really easy and to skip a day if I needed and after some begging and promises, she skeptically agreed to release me. I am a teacher...so the first few days were just meetings. I was O.K. but I was totally surprised how uncomfortable it was to sit long times. I had to get up every 30 min or so to walk around (and to pass gas bubbles hehehe) and I had a pillow and a second chair so I could put my feet up, etc. The weeks after returning have been good, but I have let myself get a bit exhausted...and I've done a little too much here and there...not even intending to.

I am glad that I went back when I did...it would have driven me crazy to wait.....but I am paying for it a bit. I've had some sleep issues (hormone related maybe) and have had some soreness, fatigue etc. and now I have a blazing sinus infection and double ear infection. I think my immune system was just not all the way ready for 2 weeks of snotty 5th graders (just something to keep in mind if you work with many people or with the public.

You might try to go back part time or like 3 days a week and see how it goes, that would have been my choice if it had been doable and I had to do it over again. I think the most important thing is not just WHEN you go back, but that you listen to your body when you do!!!! I felt better at 2 weeks, than I did at 3 weeks....so be ready for what many sisters have experienced, that is the 2 steps forward, 1 step back that often happens. Just be smart...and don't take unnecessary risks... if you do go back, be careful, and pay attention to what your body is telling you so you don't hinder your recovery.

Good Luck and Blessings,
TANK
Unread 09-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Me too

I'm wanting to return on the 15th, had surgery 8-21-08. I also don't have a whole lot of physical parts to my job.
My return appt. isn't till the 25th. Surgeon's nurse told me to call them the week before I want to return and they'll give me the release.
Can you call and have them fax it to your office manager? That's what I plan to do.
I have the time off but want to save some as you never know when you may need a day for something.
Good luck!
Unread 09-07-2008, 10:19 AM

I had LAVH on 8/6 and went back to work on 8/18 after seeing my dr. I had to provide our HR dr's cetification that I was ready to go back to work. Like you I sit, make phone calls, and attend meetings at work but I was tired at end of the day. It's been 4 weeks since my surgery and everthing is well with me.
aurora
Unread 09-07-2008, 12:03 PM

Please, please, please STAY HOME !!!! You do not realize how much has gone on inside of you. Please read the posts, especially from the ladies who had LAVH or TVH, about recovery and not overdoing it. Too much activity is an invitation for scar tissue and renewed bleeding.

Your recovery is going very well - don't suffer a setback.

Hugs,
Unread 09-07-2008, 12:08 PM

Gerry, I agree with you. I am 4 mths and still do not have the stamina and energy that I had before the surgery.
I teach and I had to have a work release form sent to HR, even though, the 6 week mark was during the summer vacation and I was off. I fortunately had 3 mths to recover. I needed it, too because at 6 weeks I had to have my gall bladder removed and needed another 2 weeks to recover from that.
Take care of yourself , Sam and do not push yourself so hard. I agree with the above posts that between weeks 3 and 4 you feel like you are starting over again. REST!
Unread 09-08-2008, 06:40 AM
Thank you all

I went into work early today, and my manager got HR on the line and you all are correct: I need a dr's release.
I went to the dr's office and am now waiting for him to contact me either way.
Thanks for all the replies. I just love this website.

Stacy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register